Wpf 10/26 - 11/1

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Hey, it's Friday again! Time for the photo thread. Lets show each other what we have been doing with our great hobby...

I have been continuing building the "mountain" which will go behind the tracks going to staging. It is about 2/3rds. finished at this point with lots of trees, bushes, vines, and other things like critters to be added.

MountainScenery11w.png

MountainScenery12w.png

MountainScenery13w.png

nice pic jay. is that lighter color supposed to be sand from loco's that have been sitting a while?

Nothing new so here's something I built a while back. EMD F unit converted to a chopped roof slug.

P1011761.jpg

A couple of photos of the chassis:
P1011319.jpg

P1011442.jpg

Look what i found! i know its not a model train, but its still cool since its original western maryland and it runs!By the way its a Gp-9 and its owned and operated by the Georges creek railway
View attachment 33341
this is one of only nine fa-2's still left in existence and it will be fully restored by and for the Georges creek railway to its original western maryland paint
View attachment 33340

Last edited by a moderator:
If it wasn't for the front of the scene being out of focus I would've thought that first picture is real. Very nice scenery you've got there.

Careful now Rico, Karl has snuck a BL2 into that shot the cheeky bugger! Nearly cracked my screen! ;) :D

If the postman is kind we might be able to see some of those shiny (literally) new N scale E5s before the week is up. Gonna have to wait a week or two for mine to cross the ocean. :(

Thought I might contribute one pic of my current Athearn blue box project.She's not quite finnished but close enough for a pic.

u28-b9hh.jpg

I still need to do the windows and lights ,and some other details but she's going to club tonight for programming.:)

I finally got my 2x6ft display case hung up and slowly started filling it up. I guess I can use 4 - 5 more of these so then I can display some full trains, LOL.

DSC00035.jpg

W.E. Snatchem

Here's the " W.E. Snatchem " funeral home. I am undecided if I will use it as a funeral home or just a home on the layout. However, the hearse (still) being assembled will fit nicely with the cemetery. The cemetery is not too far across town. The land has been allocated, but construction has not begun yet!

Here is the latest of my fleet and its getting a Soundtraxx Tsunami decoder tonight! I just got the handrails in the other day so gotta paint those n put em on...

I finally got my 2x6ft display case hung up and slowly started filling it up. I guess I can use 4 - 5 more of these so then I can display some full trains, LOL.

Nice case Mark. Built it or buy it? If bought who sells them?
Thanks.

Nice case Mark. Built it or buy it? If bought who sells them?
Thanks.

My GF bought me the case off EBay for $117! Only catch is I had to drive down to NJ to pick it up but it wasn't a bad ride down. I did measure it and drew up a blueprint for the parts used in the case but only thing is after going on-line and looking at Lowe's for Oak parts a 4ft x 2ft case was already up to $80 and that wasn't including the Oak trim and pine for the hanger boards or glass doors. So it was a good deal as just guessing it would be around $150 - $200 in parts to make the 2X6 case like I got. The case was made by a guy in PA and the only info I have is this.

i-xvhrHHX-XL.jpg

Mark, Mike
You can build a case cheaply and easily!
Get a Sauder bookcase, cut the backside of the shelves an inch and a half short (to clear the glass), use white foam for risers, tape lights for illumination, and glass door from a local glass shop, and you get this!!:D
Big and freestanding!

Back