wpf 1/27 - 2/3 2012

ggp

ggp
Still playing with my gravel yard area.

P1050087.jpg

Methinks Gary spung a leak!:eek: Rest of the yard looks great!

Feelin like modern stuff this week, CSX road slug & SD40-2 "mother" idling alongside 2 MMID GP38-3's, & a "restored" Western Maryland GP9 on the shop tracks!

CSXand%20MMID.JPG

My First Contribution.

So I picked this up last weekend for a great price thinking I could put pwr trucks and a motor out of the parts been into it and find a appropriate road name shell for my layout. Well I decided why not add it to my TLRX Fleet. So here she is Patched Up.

DSC00644.jpg

Those MMIDs custom? They look awesome!!!!

Thanks Tim, the MMID units I do myself. I've got 4 GP38-3's on the layout now, 1 more being built. 3 GP9's, 2 F7's, 2FP7's and 3 SD-24's in varous MMID paint schemes. Guess you could say I'm a fan!:rolleyes:

Gary I'm wondering also what is pouring out into the hopper car? Is that deliberate or an illusion?

Is that supposed to be gravel?

This week I put together and custom painted / weathered 2 Walthers kits. First was a Russell Winged Snowplow and the other was a Jordan Spreader..... surprise surprise right !?!?!?! :D

Guilford never painted their plows in a specific scheme, all the plows they owned stayed in the fallen flag colors of Boston & Maine and Maine central, but I always thought they would have looked good in yellow......so.... here are my creations.

The weather was nice out today for a few pics!!!!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!
Steve

Sunbathing on a siding:
023.jpg

Railfan photographer trying to capture a picture of his own shadow!:
045.jpg

Big Rust bucket next to little rust bucket!!!:
033.jpg

Switcher moving the plow for some maintenance....
027.jpg

Wow some very impressive stuff this week, great job All!
Here's a scene from Herb Fleming's HO layout. Herb is a member in one of the clubs I belong to. (posted with his okee dokee)
All structures on his layout are scratchbuilt and are either copied from kits he's seen or just made up.

Panel

With the help of a member of the JMRI forum I was able to finally understand the basics of PanelPro. Here's a picture of the panel I made for the layout. It's not hooked up to the layout yet, that'll come later in the year. Everything works as it should. There are only 11 powered turnouts on the layout. The rest are groundthows.

Great work all. I look forward to seeing other modeler's work. It helps keep me motivated and inspires.

Roy

Back