Wpf 1/13-1/19

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
Nothing major this week. I just started work on a couple of junk yards. I hope to add some bushes and weeds today.

P1010105.jpg

P1010109.jpg

P1010107.jpg

Nice start Jeffrey,,ahh yes, you-pull-it parts,,those were the days. Junkyards used to be fun, you could wander acres looking for parts, (usually with my Dad) and seeing hundred of other cars........now its just a storefront full of old parts, no character,,no flavor....:( anyways..

November 15, as some of you know, I has a stroke:eek: My right side was paralized, and though a lot of rehab,prayers, and good luck I can now walk without a cane or walker, I'm starting to write again, and my speech is improved, but still a little slurred. :) Soon I'll be back at work.
One thing that has puzzled me since the stroke is did it affect my mind or my modeling. I started this kit last Wednesday. It was on sale at Ollies for $9.95, I figured what have I got to lose? This is what the box label looked like.
factory%20label.JPG

After about a week, between therapy sessions and life's interruptions, it turned out like this.
therapy.JPG

I think in itself, it was great therapy!:D Now the question, now that I built it, what do I do with it?:p

Jay
Thanks but SWMBO says find a home for it! See, it's resting on a freestanding basement sink that I need to install soon!!:eek::eek:

Great shot youself, the B&W look really cool!! BTW, how long is that yard track?? Looks huge!:D

Here's a picture of an Athearn BB GP60 that I painted in Guilford colors, on a rocky section of a new diorama I am making. The scenery is no where near finished yet, still working on all the rock work. Put a coat of primer on to "see where I was at" Looking forward to the weekend!!! :D

DSCN7696.jpg

Great photos guys! Grampy wonderful B&W love the smoke also, Karl great looking building, leave it there.

The UP 844 Excursion Train....

P1000985.jpg

Awesome work from all this week! Guess this is why this is my favorite thread every week.

DJ.... Your not supposed to be showing prototype photos! ;);) ;);)

I got back to creating the interior of the Powerhouse. Finished fabricating the two Turbine units and added piping for the steam, and the exhaust from the boilers (which goes through the floor to the lower level and is blown to a large brick stack near the building). I may add some more details, or I may just put it in place and close it up (will be able to be seen through the windows).

Powerhouse19w.png

Powerhouse20w.png

Powerhouse22w.png

Powerhouse23w.png

Why? Cuz it's not pulled off the road, door hanging open with the engine running while the occupant takes pictures?????:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just taking a wild guess here!:D

LOL Na I usually get out and take pics, LOL Shut the engine off unless its hot in the summer time, LOL

1247002848_eDk9o-L-1.jpg

Geeeeezus Mark, nice Mustang!!! That does look like mine. Maybe I should add a little figure in it that looks like you? LOL

Two of my projects this weekend have been patching a GP9 for the L&A and mounting a Varney metal F3B shell on an Athearn F7 powered chassis. One was easy, the other not so easy.

The GP9 is a Walthers GP9m, single flywheel, standard DC.
P1010130.jpg

The F3B is a Varney die-cast metal shell on a stock Athearn F7 chassis with a hard wired DCC decoder. The F3B is #2 in a three loco consist of all powered F units representing Stewart, Varney, Athearn, NWSL and Life-Like. The unit still has to be painted but is operational.
P1010132.jpg

Nice GP9 ;)

Two of my projects this weekend have been patching a GP9 for the L&A and mounting a Varney metal F3B shell on an Athearn F7 powered chassis. One was easy, the other not so easy.

The GP9 is a Walthers GP9m, single flywheel, standard DC.
P1010130.jpg

The F3B is a Varney die-cast metal shell on a stock Athearn F7 chassis with a hard wired DCC decoder. The F3B is #2 in a three loco consist of all powered F units representing Stewart, Varney, Athearn, NWSL and Life-Like. The unit still has to be painted but is operational.
P1010132.jpg

Back