Wpf, 06/04/12-06/10/12

Its a good day when the Alco's outnumber the EMD's in the yard. Hopefully I will have the C424's done by this weekend so I can boot the interlopers out.:D

I ground some flanges down last night... here's the result. :) The tagged car is the 'before,' the SCL is the 'after.'

P1010020-5.png

I just used a cordless drill and a hand file... not too difficult, except when the wheel starts spinning around the insulator.

Nice stuff all!
I had a chance to take a photo of the Red River into the local hardware store for them to match the paint and here's what it looks like on the swing bridge module so far, (albeit a tad blurry)...

Attachments

• river painted 004.jpg
    river painted 004.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 188
Been a few weeks since I have posted as I have been swamped with other kinds of things. 'tis that time of year!

I have just about finished the trackwork in the yard at Kanandaiqua... Well, maybe not finished, but at least the turnouts are made and the ties installed and the rail laid! Stil have to add track details, paint the rail and ballast. But it is getting there.

NewKanandaquaYard04w.png

NewKanandaquaYard05w.png

Doesn't look like much but there is 16' from one end of the photo to the other....

I also started building a water tower to put on the roof of the Powerhouse I have been slowly getting done. It started with a pill bottle I salvaged from the recycling box. I cut scale wood to fit for the staves on the outside:

PHWatertower01w.png

Then built a base that will finally fit on some steelwork on the roof:

PHWatertower02w.png

PHWatertower03w.png

PHWatertower04w.png

Ray, you're reminding me why I couldn't fit any sort of yard on my layout. Even with sixteen feet, the yard tracks aren't all that long. Nice work on your turnouts. I figure there is a lot more work in those pictures than most of us realize.:D

Some of the new stuff to go with the old stuff. Getting antsy. Looks like it going to be a loooong summer. Normally, I don't want fall to come but this year it's going to be worth the wait!

picture.php

picture.php
Looks like you got an SD24 after all ;) Very nice! Who made that F unit? I hope you have some buddies for him.

My contribution for the week is the result of a poor track join.

BSBoops.jpg

Pete, that's actually an Atlas SD-9. I'm still on the lookout for a SD-24 or two. That's a Kato F-3. I left his brother in the box.

If I get enough free time this summer, I'm going to start a 2x4 section of layout. Otherwise it will have to wait until fall. Actually, I have to get the room I'll be using for the train room completely remodeled right down to the bare studs. And there is one other room that is ahead of it! A lot of work to do, but also good motivation!

Back