WPF: 03-07/08/09-08, Windy?

Some action in the industrial district on our club layout.

First, a cut of cars being shoved into the local yard:

IMG_7734.jpg

Some brand-new centerbeam flatcars for the NYCS. Notice the blue roller bearings:

IMG_7751.jpg

centerbeam1.jpg

centerbeampano1.jpg

IMG_7736.jpg

IMG_7746.jpg

IMG_7750.jpg

IMG_7757.jpg

IMG_7758.jpg

IMG_7759.jpg

Looks like those centerbeams have now been unloaded:

IMG_7760.jpg

Say grande,
Nice shot. Is that the Walther's new river mine up on that hill? If it is how did you modify it? And do you have more pix of it? I'm looking to start building that soon and I might have to chop it down to fit in my area.

Hi Ron. It is the New River mine (based on a Colorado prototype). There is nothing much done other than adding some interior and exterior lighting. Check our layout tour (sig link) for more photos of the kit.

Hi friends!!!
Excellent work this weekend from all!!!

I am at El Salvador Mining town this week, visiting relatives, and making photos, couse this place which its the las mining town in the country will close in five years.
The most interesting part of the history here is that El Salvador was designed as a Roman helmet, see the photo:
salvador.jpg

And I made a few photos for my friends here:

Next photos are from the mine gate, you will se a couple of narrow gauge electric locomotives whit empty cars goin back in to mine, coming from the concentration plant.

I'll make more photos this week, and I'm trying to go to the desert to catch the cooper trains.

Have fun!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I'm getting a late start today because I had some running to do this morning so that I could get my project done this afternoon....more on that in a minute. :)

Great photos this weekend to everyone. Seems to keep on getting better.

mdcustom~ The F.D. Works building looks great, nice work

Josh~ I've been contemplating those same two cars, looking good.

Zephyr~ The Rock Island is looking alive and well in your house. :cool:

MLW~ Your CN line makes me jealous. Someday.....:D

Ron~ Coal Tower looks awesome. Great work writing up the build as you went along.

mtrpls~ Great Shots!!! The centerbeam flatcars are topnotch.

Now for my own. My project today was to rebuild my bench in the basement. The old one (came with the house 7 years ago) was 2' x 6' and the new one is 30" x 8' which with room for expansion around the corner in the future. :D

Old bench....
2322383718_3226756e9f_o.jpg

and the new bench...I'll be adding some shelving on the bottom too so that I can keep things in order.
2322383720_3bf643ce5a_o.jpg

I also made my way to the LHS...again....:rolleyes: on Friday night when we went out for dinner with my parents. My father has been talking about rebuilding his old N Scale layout and was checking out the new stuff. I found a couple of Athearn RTR hoppers that added a bit of color to my freight yard.
2322383722_d7400ce20a_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As a sidebar to the coal tower I built, I was cleaning up the sprues and empty box. Just as I was going to throw away the box I looked at it and thought of a puzzle. So I cut it out and used my Exacto knife to cut it into piece for my kids. Here's my Daughter on the first run of the new puzzle. She loves this stuff, so she whipped through this one no problem. I did make it on the easy side for her because I wanted it to be for my 2-1/2yr old son also.

View attachment 8990

View attachment 8991

View attachment 8992

Maybe I should sell them on Ebay for $30-40.:p

Great shots as usual. I'm once again too late to be able to comment on all of them individually but that track inspection four-door sedan has to be the coolest thing I've ever seen on tracks. :) Too busy this weekend to get any camera work done but maybe next week.

great photos. you guys make me want to just quit now. some of this work is dynomite. just kidding. the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

S6300035.jpg

my first train show. pretty impressive. some real good layouts and products and great prices.

S6300002.jpg

came up on these BAR cars which will be perfect for my layout. And since the paper company near my college dorm used to get a lot of these cars. 2 for 10 bucks (horn hook:knuckle conversion kit not included)

S6300006.jpg

the ballast and roadbed goes down this weekend.

Back