Wow! New generation of modeling

gjwmmw

I attended the Copetown show near Hamilton Ontario and was amazed at a new product being released, the exhibitor [ Imagine That laser products ] told me that this was his first show hard to believe, and I am sure you will agree after you see the pictures I had taken. Another model railroader said that this is probably the biggest thing that has happened in many years View attachment 12777

View attachment 12778

View attachment 12779

View attachment 12780 I will tell you one thing for sure no more plastic models for me. After contacting Imagine that they sent me photo of the latest design a high power tower I am attaching this photo also Check it and see if you agree.

Very nice stuff. I picked up the Pelton Tower kit this past weekend at the Essex Ontario show. The kit is all laser cut wood and the detail is out standing. The steps are all see-through!

The most exciting thing about Imagine That is that they can produce any custom building you want. You'll just need to provide photos and any dimensions you can.

The email address is: imaginethat@xplornet.com

The Prices are high too. I emailed them & They sent me a price list. there's also a lot of difference between US & Canadian money values right now. I figure by the time you pay the cost of the tallest tower at $235.00 & the difference in currency & shipping that thing is going to be expensive. The detail is outstanding. I figure if I bought enough kits of the Ell I would have over $5000.00 invested for what I need.

The Prices are high too. I emailed them & They sent me a price list. there's also a lot of difference between US & Canadian money values right now. I figure by the time you pay the cost of the tallest tower at $235.00 & the difference in currency & shipping that thing is going to be expensive. The detail is outstanding. I figure if I bought enough kits of the Ell I would have over $5000.00 invested for what I need.

Larry: are his prices in US dollars? if its Canadian then $235 would only be about $170 US... still aint cheap but better deal than what us Canucks would have to pay.

Wow new generation

I emailed them and the prices are in Canadian dollars, and the US dollar is about 1.29 vs Canadian, price would be about 181.00 US dollars, and from what I saw well worth it. They are well designed and I think easy to assemble. The detailing far exceeds anything I have ever seen. This was pointed out by another response mentioning the stairs on the pelton station are cut clear thru, even the treads on sterps, NOW THAT IS DETAIL.

Those are some nice transmission towers and the prices are very reasonable considering the level of detail. Now, if I could just make some money in the market....:)

While these laser-cut models seem to have a very good overall appearance, there's no hiding the fact from the viewer that they are of wood used to represent stone construction, which is far from convincing. I tend to think that painting isn't really going to hide this fact either. At a distance they'll likely get a passing grade but from a typical layout viewing distance they're probably not going to make the cut. I think that a much better choice for the base material would have been something like acrylic sheet.

NYW&B

Last edited by a moderator:

Back