Wow, another one bites the dust! WPF.

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
Wow, another one bites the dust! WPF 9/9/05

It's that time again. Post em if ya got em... Have a great weekend everyone!!!

My subject this week is helpers.

The rulebook allows up to eight powered axles behind a caboose on the Grande. The following helpers are living by the book.

Lone SD7 helper couples to the rear of an eastbound coal drag for the battle against gravity on the grade ahead.
111234112.jpg

Same unit "running light" on it's return trip down the mountain.
110658768.gif

GP7 helpers at the crest...
111458362.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still building my layout - specifically liftin the road surface to the second level using Lego's.
#1 The road ends here for now
#2 A look under the megaHWY.
#3 You can sort of see the elevation effect I'm trying to achieve here. Small parts such as road signs and cars haven't been put together on it yet, it will all go on at once, when the roadsurface is finished.

Whew!! I hope our pictures don't have to stay on topic, I had to go find a caboose for this one :D. Well sir iff'n we kin 'ave eight powered axels then we will, these two old guys helping a heavy drag up the achinback hills :rolleyes:
110-1029_IMG.jpg

13.gif
Willis

Wow, nice shot, Willis. I didn't mean you had to post a helper shot though, lol. Either way, I like it!

Herm, the weeks work, actually, since thursday, but here's BNSF 7890. The last pic shows the cooling fans and flaring installed, they're held in by friction in that picture. I just glued the flaring on. Question, anyone got a Kato SD40-2 that they'd get rid of at low cost? Or just the SD40-2 deck, chassis, motor, and trucks... I got the shell, with a warped deck I'd like to replace. Oh yeah, I got the brilliant idea to model 2 or 3 Metrolink F40ph-2c's (I think thats what they are)... So those will be coming soon too in the future, along with my many other units.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit, Metrolink has F59PH's and F59PHI's lol not quite as complex as previously invisioned, just need to cut and hack a Athearn F59PHI shell, mixed with a Kaslo GO Transit wide cab...

I would have been here earlier with my WPF contribution, but the granddaughters and their Mom came by to entertain us for the afternoon. I spent some time working on the hotel early today, experimenting with crown moldings for the doors and windows. My first attempt appears in the lower right corner of the first picture.

Once I put that sample above an actual window frame, the molding looked too tall, and the facia seemed skimpy. So on to Plan B. I couldn't find wood strips in the size I needed, so I ripped 1/2" slats from 3-inch-wide 1/4-inch thick basswood and added the 1/8" x 1/4" stock to the front rather than the top of the slats. The clamps and clothespins held the new molding strips together while the glue dried.

But the REAL photo fun came while I was waiting for the glue to dry. The hummingbird feeder is just outside the window next to my "workbench," so I get to watch a steady parade of visitors whenever I'm working. Who could ask for anything more??? (I know, I have to remember to kick out the auto-focus when I shoot through a window screen.)

Finishing off the weekend, BNSF 7307 in primer, and the left overs from BNSF 7890. Hope everyone else had a productive weekend!

Well, no pics, but I did pick up a set of wacto knives and blades at staples. I knew I'd need them once I start "serious" modeling with my detailing projects and such in store. I t came with nearly every xacto blade and two small metal handles and a big red one. Already put it to work:)

It's disassembled and ready for the paint crew.
Ok get your crew to work, should be another show and tell this weekend :D
It's disassembled and ready for the paint crew.

Back