Woody & Son Railroad (WSR)

I've spent the day moving things around and taking your advice. Take a look and let me know what you think. I'm leaning this way but would like to hear feedback.

Below: I borrowed a few small-town buildings for another location and placed near the tracks. There will be a parking lot and alley way between tracks and buildings. I've also placed a building where the new train depot will be (need to purchase one). Deciding on a house or building where the yellow arrow is pointing.
IMG_6873.jpg

Below: Houses moved and building added between track and road
IMG_6875.jpg

Below: The 2 industry buildings are temporary and were used for place markers. I need to purchase a grain and seed and something to replace the freight depot
IMG_6876.jpg

Below:purchase another industry building to the left of red building. Added a turnout with 2 tracks for more storage and to service the silos.
IMG_6878.jpg

Take a look and let me know what you think. I'm leaning this way but would like to hear feedback.
I am surprised that the available space is smaller than it looked in the original photos. Still looks like it is fitting.

I was actually thinking of running the spur track for the grain silos in the opposite direction, but the way you have it makes more room and takes up some of that problem space between the tracks.

I am surprised that the available space is smaller than it looked in the original photos. Still looks like it is fitting.

I was actually thinking of running the spur track for the grain silos in the opposite direction, but the way you have it makes more room and takes up some of that problem space between the tracks.

I'm ordering a few buildings tomorrow including the Walter pellet silos and removing those big ones. This will give me more room for the buildings. I think I can make it work. My son liked the layout. What covered hoppers should I run having the Walter pellet silos? Should have a few more pics in a few days. Thanks for the idea of adding the spur. Works great for the silos and gives some off track storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
The track in the corner, where the derailed loco is could support cassette staging. It's a good way to add off layout traffic.

Thanks, but don't know what you mean by cassette staging? I would like to remove the derailed loco, but my son really wants it. So it has to stay for now.

Still need to complete the layout.
d5ece76b949a2a7598d45ccd21bbed53.jpg

Adding another same building like the white building to the right of it. I'm still undecided on what to do across the street, lower part of photo. Need something low so son can still push cars around. I'm open to any ideas. Son is thinking a Post Office
cfef6458a61ddcf6dc0ffec9f4c11ec2.jpg

Adding a Burning Betty's on the lower left in this pic and then finishing the ground cover
de93151dc8af71f81422c99232013639.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, had a little set back but back at it. A few more items will be in next week, then more fine detailing begins

Yes its too bad, as you know, this is almost identical to the plan I want albeit it, theirs is 2 feet longer and mine has the yard on an end. You did an awesome job assisting them as well for sure !

Iron Horseman,
Do you have the curve list for the bottom layout here similar to what you did for Resqnu, and do you find one set of curves better than the other in the two similar layouts ?
RESQNUv2 w scenery.jpg

or

My play plan.png

Do you have the curve list for the bottom layout here similar to what you did for Resqnu
I will check and see if I have that. Might be on a computer still in a box from the move.

, and do you find one set of curves better than the other in the two similar layouts ?
Not certain I understand the question. I think on Resqnu's I used varying sizes of curves to make the intermediate size, rather than short straights to make up the difference. Ideally one could track down old Shinohara or current Hornby track that is the fixed 20" radius needed.

Back