Woodland Scenics Roadbed

fcwilt

Hi,

Anyone here using/used Woodland Scenics Roadbed?

It is supposed to be split down the middle (rather like cork roadbed) but I have found that sometimes the split is significantly off from the middle.

This makes it tough to lay the halves using the track center line as your guide.

I would like to hear from others as to their experiences with the product.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used the HO W/S roadbed for our entire layout and have had no quality issues. However I never assume that the center cut goes thru and always use a staight edge on any roadbed.
Thanks
Wayne

I use ws roadbed and i like it, many others prefer cork but honestly it works good, everyone has there preferences.

Yes sometimes the center cut isnt perfect, I just take a straight edge with a utility knife and cut it down the center, no big deal..

When i went roadbed shopping, cork was sold out and was more expensive so i went with woodland scenics roadbed, no regrets:cool:

Well, to be fair I have never had a piece of cork roadbed that wasn't a little offset in the cut. Secondly, I just don't like how squishy the Woodland Scenics stuff is. The first few Layouts I had a hand in building used cork and I guess I'm more comfortable with it.

Honestly, once the track is ballasted the roadbed isnt squishy, it becomes hard, i have no issues with woodland scenics roadbed, again its just personal preference.

Back