Woodland Scenics Grass Applicator

Greg@mnrr

Section Hand
I just have a question about Woodlands Scenics Grass Applicator and if any Forum members have use or won one and what are your comments regarding this tool for scenery.

Thanks.

Greg

#############

Yes I have one and it works well. Previously I was using the Noch one. It broke of course. The wiring came apart.

Howdy Greg,

I like my Woodland Scenics Static Grass applicator. Depending on how much area you will be covering with it, you might want to purchase the plug in power supply that can be used to power the unit. When I purchased my applicator, the plug in power supply did not come with the unit and had to be purchased separately. I just used batteries for power as I did not have a huge area to cover. However, my son and I will be expanding the layout this winter so I might just purchase the plug in power supply from Woodland Scenics. I would also suggest buying various colors and sizes of Woodland Scenics static grass. The applicator came with a divider that I placed in the hopper enabling me to apply two different sizes/colors of grass at the same time . The applicator also came with a small comb that really enhanced the look of the grass after it was applied by.

I used 4mm and 7mm on the small hills and flat areas:

static 1.jpeg
static 2.jpeg

I used 7mm on the larger mountain located in one corner of the layout:

static 3.jpeg
static 4.jpeg

Looks good👍 Still quite a bit of time before I start any substantial scenery work, but been watching videos on the use of the applicator, just one more thing I am looking forward to doing on the layout!!!

Back