Wood Supplies

Kyle649872

Hey Sorry One more quick question, for those who scratch build where do you guys get your supply of wood, any good websites or do you visit local places? Sorry for the dumb questions :rolleyes:

Kyle, not a dumb question at all. If you have a local Michaels or Hobby Lobby, both have a decent supply of balsa and basswood for models. With the monthly 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby, you can get modeling wood at a good price. For web ordering, Midwest Wood Products has about the most complete wood product line around. You can see their catalog at http://www.midwestproducts.com/catalog.asp. Hunt around at some on-line hobby shops for the more common wood products at a better price but some of the more difficult to find items you have to order from Midwest.

Michael's!

Michael's has great prices and those 20%, 40%, and 50% off coupons are wonderful. But they do not have any scale lumber; however, their selection of common shapes and sizes of balsa, basswood, and other hardwoods is very good.

Check them out for plaster, Sculptamold, Celluclay, and other scenery supplies. And paints, did I mention paints?!?

I usually get mine in local stores. I always ask for leftovers or damaged parts and often get them for free. So it doesn't even has to cost money to build some items for your train landscapes.

Back