Wiring new Walkarounds (DC)?

wcwred

wcwred
I have just purchased a MRC Tech 4 250 w/ a walkaround throttle. The manual says you can add additional jacks to your layour and plug & go. It does not, however, give instructions on how to do this. Does anyone know?

I'd like to help but can't seem to google up a MRC Tech 4 250
The MRC site seems to have only 200, 220, 260 and a 280 and none of these say anything about a walk around.
Walk around jacks are not hard to wire in but we'd need more information about the throttle.
I built my own walk around, and in order to keep the train moving while changing jacks provisions have to be made to do this.
Is the Tech4 250 a two piece throttle? a stationary unit and a hand held unit?
That is the only way I could see it working.
13.gif
Willis

MRC tech 4 250

Yep i tried googling it also. the 250 is a discontinued item. (not sure why) i bought the system off ebay.

The Tech 4 250 looks pretty much like all MRC controllers and can be operated by the stationary unit. The 250, however, has an optional jack on the back of the machine to plug in the walkaround controller made especially for it. It works great (my only dislike with this one is the direction control is just a button and doesnt actually show which direction you are heading)
On the back of the unit you have 3 sets of terminals DC variable (this runs trains), AC accesories, and one marked DC (this one doesnt run trains). + the plug in jack. The manual that came with it can be found online, but as i stated it only says you can add additional jacks, doesnt say how.

Thanks
Charles Windom

I was trying to find something for you the other day and my computer poofed. I cant find what I saw but it was called a control mast I think. Didnt get a good look before it shut down. And I know nothing about how it works was just tryin to help out.

Good Luck

Back