Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

RBBB dining dept. wagon.
16.JPG

I have 9 of these specialty built 'fantasy' wagons. Never any prototype, just used small figurines mounted on wagon bodies built for them.
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG

1.JPG

We have a lot of equipment to get on and off the flat cars now, how are we going to do that? With a set of "runs" of course. The circus could use saw horses and planks, so the next release was #93-1375, the Circus Run Kit.
IMG_5877.JPGIMG_5880.JPG

Walthers came right back with another concession set, #933-1376, Concession Wagons 2. Everything just the same except the decal set was for Ice Cream, Roasted Peanuts, Hamburgers, and Lemonade.
IMG_5878.JPGIMG_5881.JPG

The circus had to seat people to watch the show, they had these seat wagons ( bleachers ) to accomplish that. Walthers presented #933-1377, the Seat Wagon. Another on I've had a harder time finding.
IMG_5882.JPGIMG_5883.JPG

It always amazes me the amount of stuff that the circus traveled with, and unpacked and packed everyday ( night ), and then drug it all to the next town! I'll bet Johnny has a story or two to tell.
The circus has baggage wagons, trunk wagons, canvas wagons, chair wagons, wardrobe wagons, and I'm sure many more. Since storage is so important for the circus, Walthers introduced the storage van, #933-1378. Solid resin casting with a new decal set with new players represented, Royal American Shows, World of Mirth Shows, and Cetlin & Wilson Shows. Cole Bros Circus, Strates Shows and RB&BB Combined Shows were also included.
IMG_5884.JPGIMG_5885.JPG
IMG_5995.JPGIMG_5996.JPG

As Walthers continued with the GCT series, the releases became even more interesting. A real draw from the show, next was #933-1979, the Human Cannonball Truck!
IMG_5887.JPGIMG_5888.JPGIMG_5889.JPG

While I don't model the circus, I want to thank you and others who do for keeping the spirit alive!:) As a kid, many years ago, I loved attending the Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey shows when they came to town. It's a shame that some people could kick up such a ruckus about the alleged mistreatment of the elephants, and as a result, the show just couldn't go on! :(

Back