Why we split up

leghome

Maytag "Danged Agitator"
She told me we couldn't afford beer anymore and I'd have to quit.
Then I caught her spending $65.00 on make-up.
And I asked how come I had to give up stuff and she didn't.
She said she needed the make-up to look pretty for me.
I told her that was what the beer was for.
I don't think she's coming back !

She told me if I bought one more train she was gonna leave me...

Sure do miss her.

(Fortunately, I'm only joking. The missus bought me a turntable for my birthday, it doesn't get much better than that!)

Nice one,,,Winston Churchill once said,,, my dear i may be drunk now but i'll be sober in the morning however you will STILL be ugly.

Ladies please don't take offence, this was said years ago before political correctness was even thought of

I'm REALLY getting tired of "political correctness". Churchill was RIGHT! If you're ugly tonight, you'll still be ugly in the morning! Churchill was merely pointing out the results of genetics as applied to popular preferences in appearance. Would there be offense if he had been talking to a man?

It's only offensive if you WANT it to be offensive! A woman saying the same thing to a man would not be villified nearly to the degree a man would in the same circumstances. Where's the fairness in that? To be politically correct, it must be applied in ALL situations, otherwise it's just plain prejudice!

Ladies, if you are offended by Churchill's or my comments, you are living a much-too sheltered life. Gentlemen, if YOU are offended, perhaps you NEED a sheltered life!

Sorry about the rant, though. Sometimes this "political correctness" really gets to me. I prefer "politeness", but am sometimes pushed too far to remain silent.

I'll go back to being quiet.

Darrell, quiet...for now

Back