Who's Layout Is This

brubakes

I saw this layout online somewhere

Sorry but you told on yourself, it's not your photo. Uploading photos you do not have permission to use, to the forums to display is against the rules.
Sorry about that I do believe Photobucket doesn't seem to mind but use a link do not post a photo you do not own.
Cheers
Willis

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Brubakes,
The layout you posted on your site is the creation of Chip, forgot his name on here though.

You should be made aware of the fact that is a 5' x 9' plan in HO Std guage, you might be able to get it to fit on a 4x8 if you were modeling in HOn3 but for all intense purposes
it's only do-able in N guage.

I have many years of experience hand laying track and know all the short commings of track design and the falicy of what the mind can precieve and what can actually be created once you get to laying track. Believe me even working on my own plan at present is requiring adjustments as I go along!

Also there was a very recent prior descussion on this exact same plan and I proved it can't be done in HO in a 4x8' area.

Although that is usually the starting point for most RR'ds they soon tire of just the oval track plan. Try to do something in an 'L' shape and keep the depth to no more than say 30" 's as that is about the maximum reach over even with a step stool if you have the layout at about waist height or above. That will also give you the best viewing height so things look more realistic.

HTH's

David- I was interested to see which layout was being referenced and was hoping the OP would add a link since the picture was removed. Once you mentioned that the builder was Chip, I had a pretty good idea where to find it. Thanks though.

Sorry but you told on yourself, it's not your photo. Uploading photos you do not have permission to use, to the forums to display is against the rules.
Sorry about that I do believe Photobucket doesn't seem to mind but use a link do not post a photo you do not own.
Cheers
Willis

Not trying to be a smart rear end here, looking for info, but what the difference if I post as an attachment or post an image link to another hosted service? It would be displayed just the same. Is it just that the file isn't physically hosted on this forum's servers?

Not trying to be a smart rear end here, looking for info, but what the difference if I post as an attachment or post an image link to another hosted service?

If you post a link to another site (Link, no image) then this site is not hosting a copyright photo that it has no right to display. Links to other sites displaying copyright material are quite legal and there is no compromise or infraction.

This is a link to such a photo http://cnlines.ca/graphics/img_cycl.jpg

Cheers
Willis

OK here's what you are looking for , and you may be able to contact Chip at his web site

http://www.chipengelmann.com/trains/beginnersguide.html

Contact http://www.chipeft.com/Contact.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Back