Who Is Dick Truesdale?

riverotter1948

Midwest Alliance Rail Sys
I'm trying to track down a supposedly well-know model railroader named Dick Truesdale. I think he modeled the Southern Pacific in HO. Does anybody know of him or where I can find information about him or his layout(s)? Thank you!

He did write a book and yes it was SP that he modeled...Richard....not Dick will do better in your search for more info....

http://www.antiqbook.com/boox/gavora/22775.shtml

MACGREGOR, BRUCE A., AND RICHARD TRUESDALE South Pacific Coast, a Centennial
Boulder, CO, Pruett Publishing Company. 1982, First edition, first printing. Hardcover. A centennial history of the South Pacific Coast Railroad between San Francisco and Santa Cruz. 351 pages with full-page color frontis illustrated by Phil Ronfor, historic photographs, maps, station elevation illustration in Santa Cruz, a few car diagrams, a full page color illustration by Howard Fogg, and index. Two corners lightly bumped, else fine in near fine dust jacket with corresponding corners bumped, a 1/2 inch tear at the top of the front panel and one to the rear panel, and light edge wear at corners and spine panel ends.
USD 125.00
Offered by: Robert Gavora, Fine and Rare Books - Book number: 22775

A google search for "Richard Truesdale" and "model railroad" turned up three hits all citing the above mentioned book. Seems that may be the highlight of his railroading interest. BTW, amazon.com has four copies starting at 97.77.

Nice duck from the Rubber Duck Regatta Attaboy! i started collocting them the year before when it was a chief one....This year it's a race car driver...Hope that helps in the river speed!! (For those who don't know the inside joke, They sell a different themed duck every year along with a ticket/number. Thousands of them are released in the river at Harrisburg, Pa. and the winner gets a trip to Alantic City, there are 2nd to 6th places that win gift certificates) I had to get 2 of the engineer ducks!

Thanks, Bob. I don't collect the ducks but I just had to have the engineer duck, couldn't resist.

Back