where are the On30 guys...?

Crewman1

Anybody model in On30 over this way? It looks like a minority scale on this forum...
Anybody who models in On30, sound off! Be proud!:)
Pics would be nice. I'll post some off mine if you guys put up yours.:D
Cheers,
-Chris

Of course!

But yes, my good sir; I will. Unfortunately it is 9:25 PM here in wisconsin and I have school tomorrow so I will post some pics then. Expect them up at about Six O'clock Central time.
Cheers,
-Chris

I've been dabbling in On30, mostly accumulating rolling stock and doing stuff to it:

Bachmann, with a Backwoods Miniatures details kit:
Critter1.jpg

Scratchbuilt:
SRRLPlow.jpg

Kitbashed from two short Bachmann cabeese:
On30Caboose.jpg

Weathered and a few details added:
Climax.jpg

Weathered and Backwoods Miniatures detail kit added:

PorterGypsy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got nothing to show except some boards cobbled together and vaguely referred to as my benchwork. But some day...

Now Bob's stuff is GREAT!

well...

Holy mac. That is some cool stuff! I only wish my modeling skills were as good as yours!
Pics of my layout and my newest acquisition, a B'mann On30 Shay (the sound version, courtesey of my brothers) in my garage at home....

Name of the layout is Broaken & Derrelickt Lumber Co. in Southern Colorado/ N. New Mexico.

The side shown in the pictures is the log dump area, the other side is unfinished and not shown.

Enjoy! Gotta love dem Shays!:D
-Chris

Yeah, don't I know it! It's in my garage, so I didn't have a whole lot to work with....:mad::rolleyes:
I just poured the water into the pond this morning. Starting to take shape...
Cheers,
-Chris

Okay; I guess this sort of turned into a WIP thread...:)

Well, the water has hardened, and I am starting work on the unfinished side of the layout. Will post pictures later.
BTW, does anyone know where I can get a cheap O scale steam skidder?
Cheers,
-Chris

i know where you can get 'em in HO scale...

lifelike or someone makes 'em for cheep...

Does it look like they could easily stand in for an O-scale one if some parts were enlarged?
Cheers,
-Chris

Here is a D&RGW 50,000 gallon water tank that I am scratch building for a client. This is for a clients On30 layout.

Also a couple of shots of the SLIM&M's car shop that I also did from scratch. This one was the first piece that I built for myself in the past year.

Couple lousey pics of one of my 0n30 critters :D

critter01.jpg

critter02.jpg

What it is/was.

Loco is based on the KATO HO scale NW2.The walkway and steps are scratchbuilt,while the cab is a modified Bachmann 0n30 steamer cab.

Here's one more,my rail bus.the hood is a modified Athearn Hustler while the rest of it is scratchbuilt.

railbusa.jpg

railbusb.jpg

D&RGW 50,000 gallon tank with hand laid individual wood shingles and board by board construction through out. Grant Line spout is the only commercial part used. Each of the 26 tank band fasteners have 8 parts. Footings are hand carved hydrocal and painted to represent the red sandstone foundations these tanks started life with. Scale is On30 for this clients layout.

Got these from one of my clients this morning, the structures in the photos are all scratchbuilt to the Alex's criteria, he is doing all the scenery including covering up what little scenery that I had included on the structure bases so that everything blends in. This mill scene stretches over 10' from the white mill office to the far side of the main mill building. It is done in On30.

I got some equipment for that scale when the new ET&WNC 4-6-0 came out as that’s the road I always wanted to model. Got # 11 in the wartime paint (which is exactly the engine and scheme I wanted to model) and some cars, which I have since decaled and weathered. Finding track in code 83 has proved a challenge so after some test runs on a piece of flex track, it’s all gone back into the boxes. I decided to make my primary “layout” to the standards of a local module group that is getting onto its feet. I’m waiting until they get momentum going and then I’ll build a linear fiddle layout at that point.

On30Cars.jpg

11sideviewOn30.png

Back