whats your main industry

joed2323

What is you main or biggest industry on your layout? Or whats the number 1 industry/building/town you had to include on your layout.

It would be nice to hear what people wanted on the layout?

I haven't got to that point yet but i'm planning on wood products. Lumber, logs, wood chips. All good Central Maine loads.

In my main layout room the biggest industry is the Ethanol Plant.

The new extension room build is going to be a large Oil Refinery.

When I built my layout I wanted tall skyscrapers & a nice suburban town. I have that. Then I built a large Junk Yard & a large heavy equipment yard near that. Then I made a large Walmart Dist. building w/lots of WM trucks.
Then huge railyards. I guess you can say, everything on the layout was in my Dream long before I started the construction. :D:)

Mine is still in the planning stages. My main intent is to HAVE FUN! I want to do a Vermont mountain region, although not at all accurate. I'm thinking a creamery, a brewery and possibly a small logging business. I want to put in a small motel with people canoeing, etc. I haven't figured out how to tie it all together yet, aside from a small rail yard in suburbia. I'm not interested in heavy industry.

Mine is still in the planning stages. My main intent is to HAVE FUN! I want to do a Vermont mountain region, although not at all accurate. I'm thinking a creamery, a brewery and possibly a small logging business. I want to put in a small motel with people canoeing, etc. I haven't figured out how to tie it all together yet, aside from a small rail yard in suburbia. I'm not interested in heavy industry.

Just like he said, our intent is on FUN! lol We dont have a specific industry, but we will have a yard and an intermodal section complete with working intermodal cranes, a Shelly and Sands (asphalt/road business) company complete with all of the construction equipment and a siding to transport machines over rail, an asphalt plant, a military base complete with tanks and watch towers, and a siding for transporting tanks and machine over rail, a bunch of houses, a siding for an Amtrak station and Amtrak train, a town with various things in it, a road connecting it all, and an airport on its own island connected to the town via a bridge. This way, if we ever get bored of running trains, there is still a bunch of other stuff to do! lol

My main "industry" (or at least the biggest traffic generator), is my car float terminal....
That makes the layouts connection with the outside world feel realistic in a way I have no room for in a standard way with staging tracks etc.

I have a few but the main industry that keeps the rails shiny is a papermill.
They have the greatest variety of rail traffic, (both inbound and outbound), of most all other industries.

paper mill is what i really want on my layout. its has so much coming in and going out, it would keep a person busy and then some

Back