What's your Best custom locomotive?

I believe it's a radio control platform so they can use locomotives that are not yet equipped for remote use as radio controlled switchers. It has no traction motors or fuel tank just radio equipment.

I wonder why they used a heavy locomotive as a shell for radio equipment and nothing else? You would think a old MOW caboose/transfer or box car would have filled the bill just as nice:confused:;)!

This Kato SD38-2 started out as a C&NW unit, which I stripped and painted in CSX yn2 scheme. I also had to transplant the headlight from its between-the-numberboards location to the nose, and add a few other CSX-specific details.

SD38-2_2454_front_left.jpg

CSX Road Slug,

I sure can appriciate great work, and the SD38-2 DOES look nice------BUT-----

Stripping a CNW unit??? OUCH!!!!!!!!!! LOL.

Here's another of my creations. An SD27J. Similar to an SD26 except that it has 6 air tanks and has a turbo-charged 16-645 prime mover and doesn't have the hump behind the cab. The air tanks are all made from scratch as are parts of the locomotive body.

DSCN2184.jpg

Here's another of my creations. An SD27J. Similar to an SD26 except that it has 6 air tanks and has a turbo-charged 16-645 prime mover and doesn't have the hump behind the cab. The air tanks are all made from scratch as are parts of the locomotive body.

DSCN2184.jpg

Is that an alco cab?

Other's have mentioned similar units... but I'm gonna post my F-60 too. It is the direct descendant of my old Bachman/Tyco unit I made when I was 10. (I still have it. albeit just a gutted shell now...)

Athearn construction this time, powered, still at the paint shop:

DSC04538.jpg

My Bachmann Spectrum E-33 chop nose: (glue was still wet even...)

DSC04703.jpg

I didn't make these, but they are still my favorite in my collection (yes the pair of models is sitting on the nose of one of the prototypes... I've got 100% of the painted C&A fleet):
DSC05042.jpg

V&AL- is that N or Z scale in the backround of the first pictures, great looking locomotives by the way.

Thanks.
That's an HO locomotive on an N scale layout... my HO and N go back and forth over the same real estate...

Here's the same area, a few months later... with another home-built to keep with the theme of things:
DSC05499.jpg

(I made the U-boat slug on the right)

thanks for clearing that up, ive only seen 1 n scale layout in my life and i couldnt grasp that it was that small and only half the size of HO

Back