What's your Best custom locomotive?

When I look at it. The first thing I think of is it was damaged by a bad storm. I guess when I think of a loco being damaged in a train wreck, I typically think of front end damage which this one didnt seem to have. But then again, there are no rules when it comes to a train wreck so anything could have happened.

i have a question did the real one still function at all after the accident adn does this trashed model opwerate just like any other loco or has it been stripped of all these parts to repair other locos

I don't know the history of the real engine. The model is a dummy unit. It is up in Virginia running on Sam's Club layout. I did 4 or 5 CSX wrecks for him. He runs them all together in a wreck train.

Here she is. 6047

CSXT6047aCumberlandMDOct11989Willia.jpg

soon i will be fixing up a up big boy i will have to retrofit a body from a static model onto it since the original body is shot and there is no tender so i will be usin the one from the model does this project count as a custom job

My best custom work to date would be one of these two:
053-1-1.jpg

001.jpg

But, I'm sure will be replaced by one or both of the pair I'm working on now:
SD10build047.jpg

Jerome, here's something for you to model!
You know you're having a bad day when..... http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=309261

Holy cow, looks like someone didn't clearance from the tower before takeoff. :)

Lots of nice work in this thread. I guess I should haul out a few of my oldies and take some pictures. The trouble is they look just like a not very good P2K now, even though they started as an Athearn BB. Things just don't have the same impact now as they did back in the day, when you knew anything you saw with handrails and grabs was either brass or a custom job by the modeler.

I wouldn't consider mine custom but my Athearn W&LE GP35 is my best and foremost favorite. I don't even know how many were made or if athearn will do another run. I live about 20 minutes away from the Brewster Shops so its really special to me.
WLE109-2.jpg

you guys have tons of patience...
i could never sit and try to replicate a real engine, i'd loose my mind. im still new tho so just setting it up is challenge right now. im guessing after a while you start getting into the nitty gritty and peronalizing everything on your table

trust me its fun. to build from a prototype and when finished, showing it to others who appreciate it and seeing there reactions, its a great feeling

the best part by far is when its done and other people are like wow how did you do that. its a great feeling i too am a begginner at the modeling part but i have actually had guys ask me how i did stuff because i did it different from normal and it turned out great.

i put my big boy on the back burner and i started working on i think itts an sw500 im not sure i will have to look at the box i will post pics soon

Back