What's with the SPAM?!?!?!?!?!?

enjineerbill said:
What's all the SPAM about????
:confused:
I haven't seen anything like that on my end, Johnny...[?]

[LATER EDIT:] Never mind, now I just figured it out!:eek: :rolleyes:

Every once in a while, somebody will try plastering the forum with stuff like that. A quick PM to GrandeMan, ModelBob or Willis ought to squash that bug...

Last edited by a moderator:
As I post this, there is one "Apple 60 GB iPod Vidoe...................150 USD" by "Anderson". Looks like he needs a boot!

Railphotog said:
As I post this, there is one "Apple 60 GB iPod Vidoe...................150 USD" by "Anderson". Looks like he needs a boot!

He just got it...;) Mysteriously, all the spam posts are gone to. :D

CSX_road_slug said:
A quick PM to GrandeMan, ModelBob or Willis ought to squash that bug...
It can be even quicker / more effective to just use the "Report Bad Post" icon at the top of each post. (It's the little red triangle in the blue border at the top of the post.) That way, all the mods are notified via e-mail that there's a problem --- even those who aren't online at the time.

Lady_Railfan said:
It can be even quicker / more effective to just use the "Report Bad Post" icon at the top of each post. (It's the little red triangle in the blue border at the top of the post.) That way, all the mods are notified via e-mail that there's a problem --- even those who aren't online at the time.

Didn't know that! Something to file away for possible future abuses!

Lady_Railfan said:

Claudia, Thanks for the tip!! I didn't know it either. I just knew NOT to reply to the thread. Anywho, I just figured our ' Thugs ' would weed out the culprits!!

Great Job Everyone!!

Johnny

:) You're welcome, Johnny! I had almost forgotten about that myself, since I've been at the other end of the pipeline most of the time (with broom and dustpan in hand). :D

Yes, use the report bad post icon and tell us about the spammers. They are hitting all forums hot and heavy these days. I'm banning about 5 to 10 of them per day, most of them before they can spam us, but the get on at 3 AM and post the junk then.

All of the staff work hard at cleaning up, but it's a never ending job. VB is working on a better solution in the next release, but I'm sure they'll just find a way around that too.

So, someone on this forum is giving away apam. Is that in the big or small can? What's the going price for a can of spam nowadays?

What's the going price for a can of spam nowadays?
I don't know what the price is, But if you're caught with it you'll be banished from the tribe.
The Big Chief has spoken :D

Cheers Willis

Back