What will you be doing during the blizzard ?

I hope everyone is enjoying their snow. I'm sat on a yacht near an island in the Indian Ocean.

Oddly, there's no trains here. :( ;)
Well, that's no one's fault but yours for not planning ahead. It might be interesting to keep things on the rails during rough weather, though.

CSX Has a European Snow Blower the inherited from Conrail and its the closest to a rotary we have here. I hope to maybe catch it tomorrow if they run it.

Beilhack_HB1200s_6866_1178456400_zpsddee3e0e.jpg

Mark that cab looks somewhat like the unit may have been built by Krausse Maffei (sp?) Any idea if it was?

Hope all is well out there at your end of the state. OK here except for the depth of it. At least it is a dry and fluffy snow. Only damages reported have been from wind gusts and tidal surges along the coast.

14 inches of snow here in new milford, nj. I've seen pics of relatives on long island, they got anywhere from 2 to 3 feet of snow. Someone posted pics from a part of CT that got almost 4' that's right FOUR FEET of snow!!

I just came in from clearing 32" from my driveway and walkways (Uxbridge, MA). Now I plan to start my benchwork!

Installing a new carb on my lawnmower, leveling the weeds to match the grass and tilling up my garden to prepare for planting season.. :D

Wondering how you folks live with those blizzards. Last big one I saw was in 1980 in the US but not in the 48. Last big one before that was in Germany in the late 70's. First one I remember was in Virginia in the early 60's. I didn't like any of them.

34" No time for layout

Well the plan was to hide in the basement and kit bash a new building in the city. So much for the plan. The kid went out last night at 6 to work his EMS shift. Never made it home. He's been stuck at EMS with ,my truck !!!! Stayed up all night, got the walls laid out and rail service doors put in. Spent 4 hours cleaning the driveway this am, with no where to go as there is a wall of snow at least 4 feet, and the street will not be plowed until maybe Sunday night. The kid is seven miles away and as of now no chance of getting home again tonight. Maybe I can prepare the spot on the layout tonight for the siding. What did people do when they didn't know these big storms were coming..???
Stay Safe......

I just came in from clearing 32" from my driveway and walkways (Uxbridge, MA). Now I plan to start my benchwork!

:eek: For what it's worth, that's double the maximum snow depth that we design roofs to support here in Indiana, where it was sunny and 50 degrees today...

Stay warm and safe all.

Back