What type of equipment do you roster?

Empire Builder

Great Northern fanatic
Hey guys, I just came up with this one: what type of equipment do you have on your roster ?

As for me, Here's my roster:

Locomotives
-Amtrak F40PH #303 (phase 3 paint)
-Amtrak P42 #204 (blue faced paint scheme)
-Amtrak FP7A #489 (phase 3 paint)
-Montana Rail Link SD45 #378
-Montana Rail Link SD40-2 #250
-BNSF Dash 9-44CW #986 (Heritage 1 paint)
-Burlington Northern SD40-2 #7151
-Santa Fe U28B #6309
-Northern Pacific FP7B #6008B
-Smokey Mountain Express URSA 0-6-0 steam switcher #97

freight
~3 Amtk express box cars ( one in ph.IV two in ph.V)
~ 3 tank cars-penn salt, texaco, and Virginia&Truckee
~5 box cars : 3 Great Northen (1 Glacier green,1 red, & 1 big sky blue), 1 Frisco,1 National cylinder gas
~1 MRL grain hopper
~ 1 N&W coal hopper
~1 Pennsylvania ore gondola
~1 log car- no roadname
~1 Frisco 2deck auto carrier
~1 western Maryland flat car
~1 Virginia & Truckee floodlight car
~2 cabooses- 1 Santa Fe, 1 unknown

Passenger
>1 amtk phIV baggage car
>1 amtk ph1 RPO
>1 amtk ph 1 or 2 (not sure) dome car
>1 amtk ph3 tail end observation
>1 amtk ph3 former CB&Q dinner
>1 amtk ph3 coach

you don't have to list your whole roster if you don't want to, I just listed all of mine because I felt like it. I hope to here about some cool equipment here. :D

Eh, mines WAY to long to list, check out the units on my site in my signature. Just click locomotives, and check out the RR's...

CCC (Cowlitz, Chehalis, and Cascade Ry., a subsidiary of Weyerhaeuser Company) to be built roster:

Lokies
2 EMD GP7s (one currently on roster, being painted as we speak)
2 EMD GP38-2s
1 EMD SW9

Freight Cars
30 +/- log flats built from 40' flat cars using Details West bunks and lots of Plastruct parts
12 +/- WTCX (Reporting marks for Weyerhaeuser cars) wood chip cars to be interchanged with BNSF to be taken to the WEYCO Longview, WA paper mill. Locked in CCC-CLC (Columbia Cowlitz, another WEYCO common carrier that serves the WEYCO mills in Longview) service.
Tons of other common carrier interchange cars including tanks, reefers, centerbeam flats, bulkhead flats, box cars, hoppers...

I stopped listing my roster a long time ago, when i thought it would be a good idea to see how much i had spent. :eek: :eek: That was before I got into DCC and sound. :rolleyes:

I probably have a good representative sample of most of the engines the B&M ran from the late 40's to the mid 50's. and at least a 150+ freight cars, passenger cars and Circus equipment Cars.

Well I did make a roster list of locos, it's quite extensive but what I'll do with most of them is, well it's sort of planned for bashing except the trainset locos which are junk for ebay or maybe for sale at a train show. Revenue cars I have no idea really maybe between 160 and 200 and possibly more most are still in boxes, I've been gathering for a long time. I guess the best way of doing this is to list the completed units and ones under construction.

6 MLW C630M's
1 EMD GP18
1 MLW RS18

Under construction
1 MLW RS18 started
1 EMD GP9 almost done
4 MLW C630M's started

10 Cabooses started

Best I can do on short notice so early in the morning :D

13.gif
Willis

Mine's too long to list. Suffice it to say I have about a hundred unassembled locos to go with around a hundred runners...

:D

Kennedy

Assembled:
1 GP9u
1 C-Liner

1 50' boxcar
1 40' boxcar
1 50' gondola
1 caboose

To be assembled (undec):
1 SW1200
1 caboose

It's sure easy to keep track of this roster!:p

I don't understand how you guys have rolling stock still unpackaged...

CBCNSfan, please bring your your "ebay stuff" to the model show, I've got to buy something down there...:p I'm particularly interested in CN/CP/VIA stuff and what can be found on their lines (TTX for instance), don't like old stuff like 40' boxes and wood cabooses.

Russian said:

Its called lack of space to store on open tracks, but boxes in closets work!

CBCNSfan, please bring your your "ebay stuff" to the model show
LOL I wouldn't sell junk to friends but I do have some better detailed Bachmann and Lionel HO locos which are only a notch above the trainset ones, but way, way and above the Tyco's :D but no flywheels though. Theres a couple CN gp9's still in the package, I believe they have Kadee couplers installed, might be a red CP GP30 I know I sold some on eBay before but with the cost of postage through Canada post it's not worth the trouble anymore.
13.gif
Willis

CBCNSfan said:
but no flywheels though. Theres a couple CN gp9's still in the package, I believe they have Kadee couplers installed, might be a red CP GP30 I know I sold some on eBay before but with the cost of postage through Canada post it's not worth the trouble anymore.
13.gif
Willis
What would a disadvantage of flywheels be? Is there a way to know if you have them already?:confused:

The CN GP9's sound intersting, are they high hoods?

As for ebay, that's the main reason I won't be joining them now, the shipping costs way too much.

Speaking of "crappy Tyco's" and such, I was thinking of buying a GP9, preferably a dummy, and then cutting her down into a slug!:D

What would a disadvantage of flywheels be?
the disadvantage is not having them. It's surprising how far a flywheel equipped loco will travel on a dirty track once it's moving. The flywheel has a tendency to smooth out the starts and the stops. The inertia of the turning flywheel tries to keep the motor turning at a loss of power so the loco coasts. When starting out it requires some of the motors power to turn the flywheel and build up speed. This is why you find your Trainline loco quite good it has a flywheel (maybe two, I'm not sure, I have a trainline but haven't taken it apart yet) flywheel equippedlocos are usually a much heavier loco but not usually found in the cheaper locos.
The CN GP9's are Black CN noodle and are high hoods, the slug well I don't know, best wait till the show for that
BTW here's a pic of your CP Dummy and the GP9's or 7's are in the other photo
13.gif
Willis

OH! Well that worked great, problem with the database it says. I'll try again later
13.gif
Willis

OK some more junk for show and tell :D
left to right 4 F7's 2 F9's and a Tyco 040 shifter
Next Left to right Alco center Cab 415 or something like that, LL RS11, RS3, C430, C628 a mixture of mfgs. A couple of IHC SW1000's these are nt too bad I'll be keeping them intact but redo the paint.
And last my kitbashing Tycos and Athearns

Last edited by a moderator:
Russian said:

You will, once the buying frenzy sets in!

BTW, I just checked. I have 171 freight cars still unassembled. But, that's a bad number since I bought a few more at the NMRA convention back in July and I haven't logged those in yet...

:D

Kennedy

Is that an ATT C-415 centercab or a newer IHC model?
Nope, I'm afraid it's an old LifeLike I bought back in the 70's, mail order from "Hobbies For Men". I used its motor to power a LifeLike RS11 that burned out, however it'll be getting a motor back now that I'm building RS18's out of the 11's. Not this year but maybe next I'll rent a table at a show and get a few $$ for what's left after I've used what I want.

13.gif
Willis

CBCNSfan said:
the disadvantage is not having them. It's surprising how far a flywheel equipped loco will travel on a dirty track once it's moving. The flywheel has a tendency to smooth out the starts and the stops. The inertia of the turning flywheel tries to keep the motor turning at a loss of power so the loco coasts. When starting out it requires some of the motors power to turn the flywheel and build up speed. This is why you find your Trainline loco quite good it has a flywheel (maybe two, I'm not sure, I have a trainline but haven't taken it apart yet) flywheel equippedlocos are usually a much heavier loco but not usually found in the cheaper locos.
I see. I was very suprised at first seing how long it took to stop, but I think its more realistic that way, with the unit still moving once the power is taken out. I guess what confused me, is that you can't really see the flywheel(s).

The CN GP9's are Black CN noodle and are high hoods.
BTW here's a pic of your CP Dummy and the GP9's or 7's are in the other photo
They look good.:D Hard to believe the GP9's were used for mainline duty, not switchers. Now their rebuild versions have replaced the SW series on CN...

Willis, you have yourself enough CN power there to model a very active CN/CBNS interchnage in Truro!:D From what I hear, the real thing is less impresive, just a solo GP38-2(W) CN switcher with the intermodals passing in the backround, but running F units wouldn't hurt CN's efficency.

Well my HO roster has no EMD. Most heavily used units are my Alco’s, RS-11 and C-425. I have 4 Lionel U18B's for my unit grain train, which has a long way to go for the required number of cars.

Greg

Steam........

We still have some steam on the New York & Western!!
Man, I love them little docksiders!! :D

Steam!! Gee I forgot about the steam locos I'll have to make a list of them

13.gif
Willis

Back