what to mount ground throws to?

joed2323

What do you guys mount your caboose 202 ground throws to?

I see some people use cork road bed, some use wood ties.

How would i make wood ties to do this? Could i just cut off a few ties from a peice of track and mount those under ground throws?

I used ws road bed to lay my track on so im not sure if i should just stick a peice of ws foam under ground throws or what? I assume that it wont look realistic using road bed, although i could be wrong

I would think it would be helpful to have a solid piece of material under the ground-throw and the points that are being thrown in order to help maintain accuracy of the operation.

I would think it would be helpful to have a solid piece of material under the ground-throw and the points that are being thrown in order to help maintain accuracy of the operation.

yes, it does help; the method i show in the link does just that. there's also a diagram in that thread that explains it further.

yes, it does help; the method i show in the link does just that. there's also a diagram in that thread that explains it further.

Hey you have a diagram in there! Pictures are worth a thousand words. Good work! Thanks for sharing.

Back