What Railroad, era, and location???

I don't have my own layout but would like to model a short diarama set in the palouse hills of easter washington in the mid 70's but that does not say much for little has changed from the mid 50's to present.

I am also part of a club that models there own railroad the Port Columbia & Eastern. A historicaly fictional route over the cascades.

Scale: HO

Railroads: GN, NP, SP, MILW, PC&E (any thing in the northwest)

Era:1950 ish

Control: DC ITs still running DC

I think the room is 16' X 30'

My 1st layout as a child was a "whatever layout". Back then I was into Santa Fe mostly because it was the 1st HO set I had and it was a passenger, Next came my double diesel set that I thought was all that..Couple years later I painted it to be Conrail because thats all I saw here. Next I was into the circus train collecting and then it was PRR. My last layout was getting ready to become a fictitious line but that fell thru before it was disassembled....Now in the club I am back into PRR and East Broad Top...But I can't afford the brass EBT's so everything is repainted ones that resemble them.

Also have a fictional road that I model that allows me to use engines I like that the SRR never had.
That's exactly the reason why I created the Iron Belt, I fell in love with those Kato SD38-2's in the EJ&E orange livery and just had to get myself a handful of them!:D

Current layout is HO. I have two eras, transition and modern. Transition is the Hill Lines (GN, NP, SPS, CBQ). Modern is a dictional shortline, with CSX, NS, BNSF, and leaser stuff. Location is generically in the midwest, along the Mississippi. Think I&M Rail Link territory. At least for the modern; it's a stretch to locate the transition era stuff there....

Kennedy

Back