What is this scenic item/material?

beiland

These are several pieces of bulk-heading material cast of plaster that I bought at a show several years back. I assume they were all cast from the same master mold? And I assume they need to be cut in sections to represent different heights of stacked 'wooden ties'??
I would appreciated if anyone could shed more light on them, and how best they might be utilized??

DSCF7550.jpg DSCF7551.jpg DSCF7552.jpg DSCF7553.jpg

from another forum,...
To me it looks like two castings of cribbing with each one having two sections of three, one section of two and one section of one horizontal section, so you end up with four separate pieces if you carefully cut them apart. Looks like it is to start the cribbing low and ramp up to the high point with three horizontal sections.

I have 4 pieces of that 'cribbing' so i was wondering if i had enough, and how it might go together. I decided to make a paper copy of a piece, then cut that with scissors and see what it might look like,..
DSCF7564.jpg DSCF7566.jpg

Turns out I would probably have enough to cover up a good portion of that ramp, BUT I am not a fan of what it looks like. It's too 'busy' in appearance, detracting from the foreground stuff.
Plus from the sounds of it it would be very tough to work with. I need to look for alternatives I could attach to the edges of that PVC ramp subfloor??? (I'll sell this cheap for anyone who could make use of it)

Back