What I saw today...

pa3de8

GO PENNSY!!!
While I was out today enjoying the nice weather in the NE PA area finally, I happened to be out on route 81 near Scranton when I saw a tractor trailer go by on the other side with a Steel Bay Window caboose that was partially number and lettered.

Scott

Things ya see when you don't have a camera handy!!...Just yesterday we went to a greenhouse and when leaving to head to Lowe's, we decided to turn right and take a road we've never traveled. Nice country road, we came apon a RR crossing just as the lights were going off. I was like, "Cool we get to watch a train!!" so I waited till they came down and saw it was an Amtrak passenger coming....At the end was an older New York Central observation car with people on the deck waving as they went by...We waved back and when I got home I did a search and found you could take 4 day excursions on it. The page said, "As seen on Life Styles of the Rich and Famous"...some prices were up to $13,000!!!... We had to just wonder who was on there lucky enough to take the ride. And they didn't even know it made my day with a simple wave and to see that car. I only wished we were camera ready! :)

Oh yeah I was cursing at myself that I didn't have the camera with me. I was about to get off at the next exit and chase it down but my wife wouldn't let me...lol...

Scott

The N7E caboose was moved to the Middletown & Hummelstown Railroad by the Conrail Historical Society, Inc.

Scott

One of these days I will have my camera with me when I see the BNSF/UP/CSX/NS engines all hooked up again in the Raonoke yard.

TIP: Buy a disposable camera with the highest-quality film in it, and keep that under the front seat of your car at all times - for just such an "emergency"!:D

Back