What gauge wire should I use for DPDT momentary toggle controls?

Interesting! I’ll have to consider those too. So much to learn!
You can also get various different types, and housing units, I use those fitted into a mounting plate of 5 so I have 3 groups of 5 in total
Think the correct name for them is Passing Contact Switch and also Point Motor Switches
The one in the picture is ideal, as as soon as you flip the switch it gives the command to switch, move it back and the point returns to it original position, usually I just use "up" is straight "down" is turn, easy to see at a glance which way the point is facing, it's ideal for me as I have so many I lose track of them 🤣

Last edited:
You can also get various different types, and housing units, I use those fitted into a mounting plate of 5 so I have 3 groups of 5 in total
Think the correct name for them is Passing Contact Switch and also Point Motor Switches
The one in the picture is ideal, as as soon as you flip the switch it gives the command to switch, move it back and the point returns to it original position, usually I just use "up" is straight "down" is turn, easy to see at a glance which way the point is facing, it's ideal for me as I have so many I lose track of them 🤣

I’ve heard of point motor switches before so maybe I am familiar with them and just didn’t remember I was 😂

Back