What else ya into??

Trucula

Drum Driver
This is alittle off subject. But I was wondering what else some of us have in common? I did this on a band forum page and made alot of new friends with stuff in common.:)
I will start; Other than model railroads I have a rideable 3.5 in. live steam in my yard, member of Bricktown Modelrailroaders, was a magician,am a drummer for a local rock band,a supervisor for contracting company (for the phone company).I have a 13 time national winning 4x4 show truck.

And am a master of NONE of the above for mentioned!! :mad:

I used to enjoy night time shooting trips, just vermin but then my kids came along and i never went again, i also worked in the steam dept of the east Lancs railway and was a 3am starter in the steam shed, then my kids came along and dito, never been there since.

Nice Truck

Hey i am a bit of a jacked up truck kinda of a guy as well i have a 2000 chevy pickup with 33x12.50 tires with a 3" body lift. I am a part of a off road club the Perrysville Puddle Jumpers. We go to the 4 Wheel jamberee in Indy everyear it is a must where i am from but anyway nice truck do you come to the Indy Jambree ever

Zach

I do Metal Art sculptures. Mig & torch welding. Have a lot of welding equipment & now I do mainly metal Dragons. In the past 35 or so years I have done many pieces of other art. One of the guys on this forum has seen some of my art in Cassopolis, Mich. a few years ago.
I use most of my money that I receive from Art sales on my train layout.
I also use to dig & look for Fossils on the river in different parts of the town that I live in.
I use to do a lot of photography for different people in 35mm, but now, I just do my own stuff in Digital.

I'm also a History buff I could tell you a bit about the Civil war and Revolutionary War. But who wants their ears bent !!!!

Well all of these hobbies I do rotate or change like the seasons...

No particular order!

1. Model Railroading
2. Fishing (all kinds...flyfishing in NC, bass fishing, saltwater here in FL)
3. Photography
4. Drag Racing (chevy)
5. Shooting, (rifles, trap and pistol) do not hunt anymore
6. Traveling
7. Camping
8. 4x4 (I have an Avalanche)
9. Woodworking
10. My wife's honey dos ...LOL

My passion right now is my wood lathe. I just finished 3 table lamps for our living room. Also furniture making, two toy boxes, the grandkids Christmas presents and an Entertainment Center for our living room. The past three summers I have built medicine cabinets for my parents and daughters bathrooms and competely remodeled a Master Bedroom and bath(built all the cabinetry for the bath) for my wife. I used to rebuild totaled autos but the cost of that hobby is to do expensive and I no longer have the strength and stamina to that kind of work.
And Larry is a very good artist. I have seen his work in Cassopolis MI and Glendia(my wife) and I were both very impressed with it. Thank you for getting me into see it Larry.

No order paticurly

*Computers and stuff like that
*Golf
*And other out door kinda stuff like fishing and things.
* Like hockey but dont play.

Two wheels for me. Besides bikes & Model Railroads, I have computers, games (which I play allot less now) to include World of Warcraft (online), watching football & baseball from time to time, woodworking & carpentry, and, well thats about it.

For me it's local history, shooting (formerly competitive, IPSC 3 Gun), hunting, backpacking, mountain bikes, motorcycle, etc, etc... I'm narrowing my hobbies down some. It's hard to find the time and $$$ to do them all. History, shooting and model railroading will always be mainstays.

Since we have some fellow firearms enthusiasts, here's my latest project. It's a Browning Hi Power (though I'm a 1911 guy;) ) that's had custom sights, Cylinder and Slide trigger parts and Black T finish applied. I got it thru a trade and added a tritium front sight, the wood grips and changed several springs...

It's a classic design that really appeals to my retro side as a practice gun. :)

201437251.gif

Sleeping, eating, working :D

I do some resotoration work on the 1:1 scale stuff. That is, when I have the time and finances in order. My pet project right now that has been going on for a while is working on a Southern Pacific SD9. See below...

besides MRRI I play volleyball ( already 35 years!) and I amTHE coach of the teams from my son and daughter +I am trainer. Mostly the whole saturday has to be spend for this sport...and also tuesday ,thursday and friday evening
I like drawing "indoor" as "outdoor" ,
Gardening : designing and practicing as wel.+ bonsai trees( oldest yet: 25 years,Hight: 3 feet and still on training..)
Walking through the small parts of "nature" that is left in our country and taking pictures of it.
So I will not feel bored;)

Jos

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey i am a bit of a jacked up truck kinda of a guy as well i have a 2000 chevy pickup with 33x12.50 tires with a 3" body lift. I am a part of a off road club the Perrysville Puddle Jumpers. We go to the 4 Wheel jamberee in Indy everyear it is a must where i am from but anyway nice truck do you come to the Indy Jambree ever

Zach

Your truck sounds great too! and thanks for the compliment!..I never made the Indy show but have seen alot of pictures from it online..I do compete at Bloomsburg here and have takin my truck to Canfield, Ohio once. I love the 4X4 Jamborees..Its like a "have to do" thing for all 4x4 owners in Pa. That's all they talk about here. I belong to The Ultimate High 4X4 Club" and "The Outta Control 4X4 Club"..Have been asked to join several others but time limits me...I have gotten a 5 wheel trailer so I hope to attend more shows next year...I also attend the All-Ford and All-Truck Nationals here in Carlisle,Pa. They have all tyes of trucks up tp 18 wheelers....If you are a rebuilder or collector they have a Spring,Summer,and Fall show that draws part-lookers from all over...Like a Auto Flea market of 14 acres.very nice show!..but for 4x4s its Bloomsburg. But there are like 3500 trucks that enter there, so its hard to walk away with a win there.

Also everyone else has some cool side hobbies and I can relate to alot of them in some ways. Thanks for responding guys! Keep em coming!

Great topic!
Besides modelrailroading in HO (SP & SSW), I like to do some railfanning while in Canada. Photography is one of my other hobbies and I like to mess around with photoshop. Twice a week, come rain or shine, I take a long walk through the woods or along the river, always armed with my camera (digital SLR nowadays) and I play volleyball too, Jos.
But I spend most of my sparetime playing the cello, I love it and wouldn't miss it for the world. (cp: Schoenberg, Verklahrte nacht)

NWR #200: great job, working on a 1:1 cadillac! Will she remain in grey/scarlet or return to black widow?

Regards,

René

Sleeping, eating, working :D

I do some resotoration work on the 1:1 scale stuff. That is, when I have the time and finances in order. My pet project right now that has been going on for a while is working on a Southern Pacific SD9. See below...

Wow NWR, Who owns this beauty treasure? Resto group? Yours maybe?

Me, Im an all in one kinda guy. When Im not modeling (SP/DRGW/ some UP in HO-SP in O) I Sing in a mens Quartet as a first Tenor (actually looking for a group to join with), Im a Sound Technician which I very much enjoy doing, And I like working on old Chevys. But thats just me in a Nut Shell.

Kyle

The initial driving force of Model Railroading took away the time that I used for fresh water fishing and camping. Now that my layout is well underway, I have started back in these hobbies and enjoying all.

The SD9 is owned by the Western Pacific Railroad Museum in Portola, CA.

www.wplives.org

I don't know what the colors will be returned to. Me personally, would like to see scarlet and grey.Since it is an SD9E, it had the added paper filter box added during the GRIP which makes it visually different than a straight SD9.

Right now, its currently on hold due to the wintery weather we've been having, and the need for a governor with the correct settings for the prime mover. If you ever make it to California, come stop by.

I do some cowboy action shooting. It's kinda like Eric's 3-gun only we use 4 Western guns. Since Eric showed his....mine's is a Ruger Vaquero with a 4-click conversion and a 1 lb trigger pull. It's got a twin brother.

sagepimp01.jpg

Its neat to read this, and see interests...

As for websites, I'm going to be adding a new one this coming week, using the same software as modelrailroadtips.com, for RR bridge Enthusiasts. I'll post when it comes out...

Back