What does this Caboose do?

Found this in a box of cars I purchased used. I was just wondering, What does the tank inside do? What is it for? How does it work? The red screw is labeled 1, the brass one is #2. #1 screw goes all the way to the bottom of car, like a needle screw in a Briggs carb on your mower. There are no markings on the car. All plastic. Thanks

Looks like there power terminals to hook something up, my guess to take power from the track too power something. Not sure.

That is a track cleaning car and the needle valve controls the flow to the pad the other if for filling. Should have a floating pad on the bottom held on by 2 plastic clips. I have one similiar no sure of the manufacturer but i can find the box if you need to know just let me know.

Hey! Thanks for all of the replies! There are 2 clips on the bottom. One is broke off. Makes perfect sense now. The #1 screw (carb screw) open a hole in the bottom of the car. The farther you turn it, the more liquid would come out. Humm, interesting. Thanks a lot guys, I never heard of one. Learn something new every day!

Back