What do you wanna see in HO

Definately this as well as figures of female cops, construction workers, and railroad personnel.

Also I agree with Chris Roy we need more models of Japanese imports from the 80s 90s and 2000s as well as more models of other common cars. I'd also like to see Atlas make a station wagon version of it's Ford Taurus. GTOs, Ferraris, and stuff like that are cool but too many and your layout starts looking like a Barret-Jackson auction not an actual town.

I would also like to clue in that more modern cars and figures would be nice. Since I model modern Montana where the high dollar cars are few and far between, more general types of pick-ups, SUV's and cars would be nice. I want to see Mid size trucks too like the Ranger and the Tacoma.

As far as trains go, I'm happy with what's out there because Athearn has done well with bring out MRL equipment. I would like to see someone like Athearn bring out a SDP40 in RTR or Genesis but with my luck as soon as I finish kitbashing mine they will. The Boeing Fuselage cars and the 737 fuselage would be nice. Actually Union Station is going to do one but who knows when that is ever going to happen.

Nobody makes sitting or standing people with jeans and t-shirts!!!:D

I make figure masters for various companies and was considering a modern US series ,.not sure if Woodland scenics and others wsill also do them .I wanted to start with the RC guy in Junes Trains magazine .The Junes Small world series were all mine and also montys model Railways in the UK plus lots of others .They were featured in a model Railroader a few months back maybe even last year on a painting figure series .any thoughts any one
I want a Cab car to match Walthers Superliners for Amtrak California.One with lights and sound .

More truss bridges and concrete and steel viaducts in double track configuration available in plastic. The brass units like the ebay sellers are outragously priced. Look amazing though.

this
bnsf793336.jpg

and this
3232293841_04c59b4ccd.jpg

I for sure would like to see someone come out with the BNSF one, and I too seem to remember Walthers doing them but I sure can't find any.

I talked to Craig with BLMA who is being out some UP ones about bring out the BNSF ones but he couldn't really tell me if he was or not. I fugure them or Exact Rail will for sure.

Here's another vehicle I'd really like to see - a 2005 or newer GMC van; the ones with the dark plastic around the brake lights and above the rear doors. It's a common work van, and most importantly for us modern modelers, I'd love to see one decorated for Rezenberger, so the LPPs have a ride out to their trains.

TTAX spine car 48'
NTTX Container spine car 48'
40' Linea mexicana Orignal Containers
Re run SD40 speed ESPEE
Super 7 FNM
Super7-MP AKA C40-8 FNM
Scale BMW E28/e30 chassis

A series of modern era car dealerships would also be nice. I would be more then willing to bet the manufactures look at all the forums frequently for posts like this. Are you companies listening out there?

I would like to see a MLW RS23 and S13 locomotive produced. Maybe someday Rapido will come out with them. I know Jason needs some for his layout.

HO scale-

C&O Blue GP7
co5738.jpg

Scale test Car
Modern looking slugs (not the SW7 Calf)
Working derails to install in industry tracks
6 Axle Tank cars

highwidelilas.jpg

krl16450a.jpg

I'd also like to see a RTR Schnable car with interchangeable loads. Maybe loads are sold seperate so you can pick what you want. Also a large depresses center flat.

highwidelilas.jpg

krl16450a.jpg

I'd also like to see a RTR Schnable car with interchangeable loads. Maybe loads are sold seperate so you can pick what you want. Also a large depresses center flat.

I'd like to see these too. Been on those trains quite a bit, usually 25mph when it's loaded, clearance restrictions everywhere.....5mph and even walk-by in some places. I'd guess something like that would run close to $80 RTR and need a curve radius of 30" minimum.

1960's-era cars and trucks

More and different DPM / Walthers modular pieces

The return of Athearn Blue Box / MDC / etc. reasonably-priced "shake the box" kits

The return of Champ / Walthers / Herald King decals

The "good old days" (sigh)...

highwidelilas.jpg

krl16450a.jpg

Bachmann makes one in China. Its like a $130 and it isnt an american prototype but it is RTR and much cheaper than any brass ones.

I'd like to see a plastic Santa Fe Hi-Level lounge.

Train Station Products teased us with their great Coach and Diner models. Intermountain improved the painting on these models for their built up versions of the TSP kits. And Con-Cor had a set complete with lounge and dorm in their plans but no news on this set for quite some time now.

Kato has a nice set in N scale, complete with lounge. Some rumored they might...a big might... make an HO scale set some day. Some have even rumored Walthers might make a set in the future, although I find this unlikely.

So will anyone ever get the lounge produced in plastic?

More and different DPM / Walthers modular pieces

The return of Athearn Blue Box / MDC / etc. reasonably-priced "shake the box" kits

The return of Champ / Walthers / Herald King decals

The "good old days" (sigh)...

Tom;
I too would like to see a bigger variety of modular pieces as well, and a return of the Athearn BB and MDC shake the boxes. Many young MR's need something like these kits to practice their skills on.

As to Champ decals, unless someone buys them out they will by gone before the year is out. For years these have been the only source of decals for some railroads. Walthers on the other hand, I don't see ever returning to printing decals, and Herald King actually never really left. They still sell their decals, but you have to order direct from them. Their website is at, http://www.heraldking.com/

Carey,

Thanks for the heads up on Herald King!

As far as Champ goes... I've been doing my best to help them clear out their remaining supplies -- trying to anticipate what I would like to have on hand after they close. If I had (1) the money, and (2) the business acumen to attempt to acquire and then successfully run Champ Decals, I would. But I have neither... (sigh)

It seems to me that small "Mom and Pop" businesses continue to fall by the wayside, often leaving only the large corporations in their wake. Small businesses, catering to "us hobbyists" are still there, and continue to appear (and unfortunately, disappear). My guess would be that many of these are "labor of love" type businesses, content with sharing with other hobbyists and making a little profit on the side. And I imagine they will come and go as time goes on...

Things change over the course of time; we seem to be moving into an era of highly-detailed, pre-built and ready to use/run items. And I know I'm a bit of an "old fogey" -- my kids point that out to me on an almost daily basis. :D

But it doesn't mean that I like all of the changes... (another sigh) I like doing some building and painting and decaling...

Okay, time to put the soapbox away... ;)

Thanks again for the lead on Herald King!

Regards,
Tom

Back