What do you think?

wilson44512

Newbie RRDER
This is how this section is now

vP9va.jpg

And was thinking about changing to like this?

TB7Ms.jpg

Or like this

nv82T.jpg

Or even like this on this section?

Y8I7I.jpg

And just park the 0-8-0

SKDku.jpg

I think the track would be easier to keep clean if you switched to the gray ez track. Got to love the old wood burner.

The one that looks best to me is picture no 2 - with the new spur running parallel to the "station". Why? It could conceivably be some kind of team track or something like that, with cars being loaded or unloaded in the triangle between the new track and the track with the red and white locomotive.

In No 3 the use of ezTrack gives you a large S curve and an odd distance between the tracks - not far enough apart for a loading area handling two tracks, too much space for two parallel tracks without a loading area in between.

Having a second engine parked on a spur off the little loop on top of the "mountain" seems a bit wasted - just serve the loop up there with the oldest loco - which is clearly way too old to fit in with the other locos.

I guess this might possibly be intended to be a loop on a county fairground ride or something like that. If you want a spur off the loop, make it go to a an engine house where you can fit in both the passenger car, the caboose and the loco, to preserve it from vandals.

Just a couple of random ideas. But your layout - your decisions.

Smile,
Stein

Last edited by a moderator:
I added this little section so the fire truck has a way to get to the Hobo. And plan on adding other emergency vehicles. as soon as i can get them. I know that picture looks funny, But is just temporary lol

niV0o.jpg

nm9EC.jpg

Ran out of 5/16 Rods. but will get more to finish it.

6a6HW.jpg

Gr92R.jpg

Oh my gosh!!! that "guy" from star trek??? lolol only one of the most important characters ever, Jean Luc Piccard (not even going to pretend I can spell that!!!) Also, when I saw the thing about getting extra "bumbers"... Did you ever see the disney movie Aristocats? There are two dogs in it that consistently call an umbrella a "bumbershoot." That was my immediate thought :D

I added this little section so the fire truck has a way to get to the Hobo. And plan on adding other emergency vehicles. as soon as i can get them. I know that picture looks funny, But is just temporary lol
Your layout is looking great!.....and I really enjoy the little dioramas like the ladder truck and the hobo. Can't wait to get mine to where I can try that. You have an awesome sense of humor too with that star trek dude rubbing his forehead.....laughed so hard I got a pain in my side! :p:D:p

Mike

Back