What do you think of the ARZC locos

VitekK

ARZC
Im building a small layout in N scale, and want to do it after the ARZC line. What do you guys think about the colors of the locomotives since i will have to model and paint them myself since no one makes the paint sceams yet. The decals are available and i think these are great looking locos to model after
the SD40m
ARZC204004.jpg

the GP35
ARZC203503.jpg

Hi VitekK,
I am also a modeler from Arizona and personally I like the scheme, but I believe it is used for other railroads as well. There is a hobby store in Phoenix called The Freight Yard that sells AZCR intermodal cars in N scale.
Chris

Yeah i have seen some other locomotives with the same colors around too just slips my mind who has them. As for the intermodel cars you can buy the decals and just renumber them . its a red gunderson husky stack car. i think its more fun to do them yourself then go buy a ready made set.

I love the scheme, hope to catch them in operation some time, never manage to get the times right though.

Nice looking Engines there would love to see one also but it is rare to see and anthing like that around these there parts of the woods !

California Northern is owned by the same company and uses the same paint scheme. Both companies are owned by Rail America. It's a nice paint scheme. The green is some variant of a dark forest green since the California Northern was the first railroad in this group and run up in the redwoods between Schellville and Willits for a while before that whole arrangement fell apart.

Back