What do you think of my movie?

kevnbety

Still learning this hobby
Hey guys. I just made my first model railroad movie, and I want to know what you think. The quality is not that great, as I shot the movie using the movie mode on my Cannon digital still camera. In the video, a loaded UP coal train is taking off, after just having had a rear end helper tied on. (I also got a little carried away with the horn and bell. Sorry.)

Click here to watch.

Dial-up users beware! The file is pretty big. Anyway, what do you think?

Pretty nice, one question, well a string. Is the sound from the decoder that high pitched, or was that caused by the camera? Also what decoder is it?

Thanks.

I think it's the camera. The michrophone on it is not the best (but what can you expect from a still camera).

The decoder is a Digitrax Sound FX.

VERY NICE! If thats your first try, that was a very good job, I'll look forward to more. One thing you might wanna try is to get the camera lower so its more of a 'eye level" view and makes the engines look bigger...It was like you were standing on the tower steps or a platform..But still a GREAT job!! Nice backwall detail too on the mountain!

Hello Kevnbety,

Realy, moving trains on a layout is always great to watch/see!!
I cannot even handle a camara!:eek: To me showing it to a forum is still a long way to go :mad:
I like the first part: waiting for "departure" like : oh come on... yes there he go's ....very slowly!!
Thank you for showing this video.

Jos

Great start, Kevin. I enjoyed it! I also love the hillside behind the tracks. I remember when you started that. You've done some first class work there.

Great video, and great layout. I've been admiring the photo's you've got on the web, everything is really taking shape.

Chris

Hey guys. I just made my first model railroad movie, and I want to know what you think. The quality is not that great, as I shot the movie using the movie mode on my Cannon digital still camera.
Because I have tried taking digital video with a Nikon Coolpix, I can say that your first effort is really great! I had a horrible time with my initial efforts, and I never even came close to what you've done! ;)

Unpanic smooth & Soft running, smart idea of hill panel..for limited space.
.....waiting for next shot.

The DPU shot was excellent, and I liked how the sound fadded as the locomotive ran farther away from the camera. This was a great addition that makes it all the more prototypical. Well done.

Back