"What are you working on?" Thread

CBCNSfan said:
Hi Jeff, I was planning to get one of those, but missed the sale. Does a good supply of tips come with them, or is a person left out in left field if the tip breakes?
Cheers Willis

You get one tip and a 1-800 number to call for more.

I dinged my tip, but it's still usable.

CBCNSfan said:
Hi Kennedy, question for you. Does the RTR Athearn have the 5 pole motor or the old 3 pole motor like the blue box locos?
Cheers Willis

Can't tell, since it looks pretty sealed. May well be 5, since my GP60s are pretty smooth, compared to the Blue Box GP7s I sometimes run.

Kennedy

They're all 5 pole motors now. Anything RTR has a newer generation of lower current drawing motors. But, they're still blue box motors, so you won't get the world's best performance out of them. There's always room for tweaking with Athearns, though....

Wild plans here.

Flak bunkers and anti aircraft gun positions are in progress......
Solid reinforced concrete.
I think I'll use them for a H0 module.
I need a safe place for hefty web discussions that exists here in Norway.
I'm thinking about anti aircraft protection in addition to sabotage protection for my trains too...
Some armoured cars would be nice for use against those red light runners. I already have 105mm artillery with transport units for self defense use.

Wild plans here.
Jon I hope you're not planning WWW3 :D
Thanks for the info on the motors, fine tuning I don't mind it gives me something constructive I can do.
Kenedy the blue box locos will smooth out too, at least to an acceptable level, it does take some patience and study to see where the drive is binding.
Cheers Willis

Wow! Three W's! Must be a heck of a war! :p LoL!
:eek: Well WW II was known as the big one, what Jon is planning sounds like a monster, or is it just on the World War Web. I goofed didn't I :D
Cheers Willis

Maximum module length: 1,2 meter.
You must remember that Norway was occupied for 5 years and that the germans left so much stuff here that the government made an own department to govern it all. When they left, they just went home. The module is planned with a couple of bunkers and maybe some foxholes and trenches as they were ten years on, in the fifties. But then again I'm no stranger to strange projects and lofty planning.

All locos benefit from break-in time. Obviously, if there's something dreadfully wrong, it needs fixing. Plus, tweaking does help. Still, if you're of the lazy type, that break-in period may well be sufficient.

Kennedy

New Book

I am working on a book project about American Model Railroads (in German) for a publisher here in Germany. I will have to deliver my material within the next few days, all the pictures and drawings will follow in early February. Naturally, there was no time for model building projects with the exception of stuff arranged for the book. I have traveled a lot in the US an have a good number of photos from the prototype, but still I had to depend on some of my friends for more stuff.
The book will be out in late April and there is still a lot of work to do...
Martin

Pictured below is the title page

Last edited by a moderator:
The title page is very attractive Martin, good luck with your book

Well I guess I've been working on a few different things and this is the latest. I've put a lot of time in on this but I'm pleased enough with it now to leave it alone. I'll need a name for the area pretty soon, it's on a 45deg dog leg. The photo with the engine was how it looked before ( sorry this is the only before one I have)
Cheers Willis

Congratulations, Martin! That's a wonderful accomplishment. You should feel very proud as well as happy. :)

Congratulations, Martin! That's a wonderful accomplishment. You should feel very proud as well as happy.
That is wonderful Martin, I can only echo Claudia's words, it's an achievement most of us will never acomplish.
icon14.gif

clappinghands.png
Cheers Willis

Thanks, guys - the reception here in Germany was very good so far. Hopefully there will be more time for model railroading from now on...
So long
Martin

Back