What are "Points"?

N

NP2626

A new feature since the move to this new website has been the addition of points which are awarded. Can you explain what they are, how they are awarded and what 's their significance?

Click on the points themselves and that tells you why you got them. Down in the lower right corner is an explanation on how more can be earned. It's just some feature that came with the new software.

Willie

From all accounts, they are not significant. As Willie said, evidently they are like the trophy's, just a feature that came with the software.

"Points" are the part of the turnout that moves, directing the train to the correct track. Oh, wait, not that type of points?

Yes, the "Points" and "Trophies" are a default forum feature which I didn't intentionally activate, but also didn't know existed, so I didn't turn it off. They're intended to encourage participation I presume. They're totally meaningless here, and you can safely ignore them.

Well, there is a prize for the person with the most points. Each month, we find the person who's got the most points and award them a one year free membership. Looks like you're well on your way to getting that wonderful prize! (Estimated Retail Value: $0,000.00)

Thanks Bob, for the recognition of all my hard work! I will enjoy my free membership immensely!

Nah, I'm in first place. Or I will be, soon as I edit the database. :)

Back