What am i getting into.

Hi Warner, I enjoy seeing your modeling. I don't know your intentions for your layout, but I just wanted to mention that a Blair Line or Track Side Models wood crossing would look pretty good on that new little crossing you just glued down......;)

Hi Warner, I enjoy seeing your modeling. I don't know your intentions for your layout, but I just wanted to mention that a Blair Line or Track Side Models wood crossing would look pretty good on that new little crossing you just glued down......;)
I will definitely look into those. There isn't any intention for the layout other than it's for my son. My key details that I need to include are working crossing lights, tunnel with rocks on top🤷‍♂️ and a station. The rest I just fill in as I go. I guess I could say that my intention is to make a train set for him that is one step above track just nailed to a board with a plastic tunnel. Ahhh.. I still remember getting my first trainset. That board was painted BRIGHT green🤣. Hmm that just gave me an idea for my next project. I'm leaving out a lot of detail on the layout. For instance the track is not getting weathered. It's going to drive me nuts but it won't bother him.

Great to see how fast you are moving on this project! Your son will love this layout for sure.
Thank you. He is going to go nuts when he sees it. It's getting close to the time that I need to step back and start thinking about what needs done before moving it from my shed to the basement for finishing. I move it to my loft every night so he doesn't see it. That's something I definitely don't want to be doing when I start with the scenery.

It's starting to look like a layout🤣. Painted my raised parking lot and crossing matte black and will dry brush lighter colors once the road is finished. I'm getting better at ballasting but it still has its flaws.
I made a fatal mistake and got glue in my slide for my turnout. I have been flooding it with water/alcohol, working it back and forth then dabbing it dry every 15mins or so for the past hour. I think it will be ok. Fingers crossed.
20211005_092830.jpg
20211005_092825.jpg
20211005_092817.jpg
20211005_092844.jpg
20211005_092802.jpg

Started on painting the station tonight and painting the trim is definitely a challenge. I started by painting the walls first then went back and painted the trim. I think with the next building I'll spray everything the color that I want the trim to be then come back and do the walls with a brush. I painted the inside black to help with light leak when I light up the inside. I'll finish it up in the morning.
20211006_223410.jpg

Well.. receiving strange looks from the cashier was well worth it.🤣 I wanted to make this little roof look galvanized so I bought some cheap sparkly eyeshadow. I first painted it gray and while it was still wet I brushed on eyeshadow. Silver, copper and matte brown. I then did a black wash but apparently eyeshadow is water proof so I ended up taking black shadow and lightly applied it.
I think it turned out pretty good.
I still need to do a second coat on the trim then the station is ready to assemble.
20211007_203612.jpg
20211007_204040.jpg

Got a few things done over the weekend. Finally able to glue the hills in place and added ballast as the quarry floor. I know it's not true to size but it will work. Heck the whole landscape is fictional🤣. Started placing bushes in key areas and made some telephone poles. Also made a little dock, some underground power boxes. Started painting my background trees and found a guy that makes great looking trees for my town area. The paved road is now complete and just needs painting. I think I figured out how to paint my river and pond so watch for that in my next update. Have a great day.
20211018_080646.jpg
20211017_130124.jpg
20211017_130115.jpg
20211016_213648.jpg

Worked on my pond and painted it. I raised the floor up and same with the river. Added rock and getting it ready for water. My next video update will show the pond work and the river but I painted the river off camera. I ordered the life-like country store today and looking forward to that build. I stepped back today and looked at my progress.. man! What a strange world I created🤣.. limestone with a forest, muddy river and a desert like landscape.. definitely gotta think ahead for when we do the big one in the basement.
20211023_221640.jpg
20211026_083020.jpg

Back