Whaaaaaahhhhhh! Kids broke my camera.

SpaceMouse

Fun Lover
I went to take a picture last night and the shutter was stuck. I looked closely at it and the front housing was smashed in. I took it apart and dremmeled oout the opening so it could clear and found that it wasn't the complet problem. The shutter button is bent.

I can't see getting one any time soon. This one I got by trading a year's supply of Glucosamine and MSM. (Anyone got a spare camera and need a crapload of vitamins?)

So for the time being, I won't be entering any photos contests. I'm majorly bummed.

:eek: YIKES!:eek:

Good grief Chip, I sure am sorry to hear that. We all enjoy your photos and it has been part of my routine to always see what new photos you have posted.

Just go around to some camera shops and find a puny looking sales clerk and see what trade you can make.:D :D

When my parents bought my camera last Christmas, they got an unconditional warranty/guarantee thing with it. If it breaks, or if anyone breaks it, they'll repair it or replace it with the same or next generation model. It doesn't matter if it was a blatant mistake on the part of the owner. I think the certificate basically said I could set it behind the car tire, back out of the driveway, take the pieces to the camera store, and they'd give me a new one. If the model had been discontinued or replaced by a newer model, they'll give you the newer model.

That reminds me, it runs out in December...do you think your kids would want to come over and play with my camera too?

Whooops, i feel sorry for you, the cameras busted but it could be worse, these things happen, i remember breaking something of grandads once and i hid it thinking he would not notice, but he did and i was in trouble but he got over it.

grande man said:
Be sure to tell the Mrs, "Cannon Digital Rebel XT" for Christmas. :D

Unfortunately, our sales have been way down lately. I haven't told my wife yet, but our Christmas presents are coming from train stuff I'm selling on eBay.

SpaceMouse said:
Unfortunately, our sales have been way down lately. I haven't told my wife yet, but our Christmas presents are coming from train stuff I'm selling on eBay.
How about a link to your stuff on eBay?

Chip when I started on ebay there were some cheapie digitals at Radio Shack (now gone) but I notice others in different large department stores. I believe I paid less than $25 for one. They're not great but they do take a photo good enough for ebay and to have a little fun on the forums. The one I had was called Sipix (fixed focus, internal memory, USB port download) look through viewfinder and hope for the best, oh yeah setings for closeup, portrait and distance that was it nothing fancy, just functional.

Willis

Back