Westport Terminal RR

The Westport Terminal RR has got a new caboose.

09-01-10_IMG_6278_1200.jpg

This Rail Yard Model is build and painted for Westport Terminal RR.

Wolfgang

Glad to se a new post from you, Wolfgang. Nice job on that caboose, especially all the handrail detail.

Westport Terminal RR goes narrow gauge!

Not real. But I was infected by H0n3. And so I'm building a module, Silver Creek.

Silver_Creek_revised_small.gif

For now, the module had its first debut at the FREMO meeting in October.

IMG_8244_900_250.jpg

Now comes scenery.
BTW, this module has two stub switches. I like the challenge!

Wolfgang

Wolfgang, those were great videos but you've got to tell us your secret - how did you get that 44 tonner to pull a train that size? My pair of 70 tonners won't haul that many cars.

wow how did i ever miss this thread??? :confused:

Nice work!! I like the paint scheme on your locomotives, looking forward to seeing some more pictures!! Do you have any others that arnt already posted in this thread? For some reason your work looks familiar like I have seen it somewhere else on the internet lol

Jim, this 44-ton is from Keystone, a brass and white metal kit. I've modified it and installed an ESU Loksound. I wrote an article in Scale Rails , Jun 2007 "Installing Sound in a 44-Tonner"

Josh, if you have one day or more time, browse through my Westport Terminal RR website.:)

Wolfgang

Wolfgang that is one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time!
How 'bout a "how to"?

Cool, Wolfgang, are you using that "tie" the brakeman is standing on to provide track power for the fusee? If so, that's a great idea.

Wolfgang that is one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time!
How 'bout a "how to"?

Here you're: My HowTo. Pictures with some text. The idea for this flagman came from Laurie at the narrow gauge list.

10-01-20_IMG_8985_flagman_250.jpg

This is my second flagman, this time only for standard gauge. The first one is also for H0n3:

10-01-21_IMG_8988_375.jpg

BTW, this is at my "Fiddletown, the track where the flagman stands is code 40 rail. More at my blog.

Wolfgang

Siesta

Nothing new at Westport and with the Westport Terminal RR. The crew is busy some decades ago (time shift) and with narrow gauge. Here's one crew member having a break after shovelling a load of coal into the coal shed at Silver Creek.

Wolfgang

Wolfgang, your narrow gauge work looks up to your usual fine level of detail. Nice job on the flagman too. It looks like you could replace a plastic tie with the PC board if you wanted to make a permanent scene.

A new car for the narrow gauge extension:

You remember those Biffy articles in the NMRA Bulletin?

Wolfgang

Back