Western Wednesday

TrucTrain55

Let’s see your Western Rolling Stock Locomotives any scale is welcome even 1.1 Real trains. I’ll kick us off with a F unit I Custom painted and decaled over the weekend.
0C58EDD3-FFE2-4093-8F12-A9F8DC97C473.jpeg
C50FCCBC-16F7-47B8-991D-10A9F7AF8210.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll do you one of each. CFNR 108, a Proto 1000 that I converted to DCC some years ago. I remember seeing these back in the 1990s where I grew up in northern CA.

P1010344.jpg

And the real thing. I stumbled across #111 parked in a yard outside Dallas, TX just last year.

P1010540.jpg

Last edited:
Here are a couple of my locos with the Western connection:

_MG_5606.jpg

Above - Athearn GP-9 in a fire scarred landscape

_MG_5592.jpg

same loco, different view (on my old layout)

_MG_5637.jpg

(above) lightly weathered Bowser, faded down some with the airbrush and white paint

I dropped this one, ended up being able to glue it together so it still ran.

Dave LASM

GP-7 & Wood Chip.jpg

From when I used to model shown on a layout being dismantled for a realtor friend.

OCE GP-7.jpg

This is an Athearn GP-7 I started back in the early 1990s. It has a Lenz DCC controller in it but I never finished the detailing of the hand rails and grab irons before boxing up and placing in storage.

SP Wood Chip .jpg

The Wood Chip car is mostly scratch (well the body anyway) following a MRR article. The detail parts, ladders, grab irons and brake appliances are commercial parts. I entered into a regional NMRA contest and took second. While all other trains were packed up in 1993ish this one was placed on a shelf were it resides today. Most of the models I built and entered into contests didn't do so well. they were to bulky and it was difficult to hide weights. Like I told the judges, they are built to run and need to survive being on a club layout.

This is all my west stuff as I modeled the SRR back when I was active.

View attachment 144681
From when I used to model shown on a layout being dismantled for a realtor friend.

View attachment 144683

This is an Athearn GP-7 I started back in the early 1990s. It has a Lenz DCC controller in it but I never finished the detailing of the hand rails and grab irons before boxing up and placing in storage.

View attachment 144684

The Wood Chip car is mostly scratch (well the body anyway) following a MRR article. The detail parts, ladders, grab irons and brake appliances are commercial parts. I entered into a regional NMRA contest and took second. While all other trains were packed up in 1993ish this one was placed on a shelf were it resides today. Most of the models I built and entered into contests didn't do so well. they were to bulky and it was difficult to hide weights. Like I told the judges, they are built to run and need to survive being on a club layout.

This is all my west stuff as I modeled the SRR back when I was active.
Man, that Geep sure needs an overhaul or at least a trip to the wash rack!;)

BNSF did 10 engines for their anniversary. Scale Trains did them also.
Maybe add TOFC Tuesday. 😊
Thanks Tom for the info I appreciate it. Yeah that’s a great idea I’ll get it started next Tuesday. We also can have Track Side Thursday too. I made that one up on the O gauge forum I’m on and Midwest Monday. I’m definitely going to do that one Monday maybe this will get some more people involved who are a little Bashful about posting there stuff. I enjoy looking at all the stuff you guys post this is one of the best Model Train Forums out there. Don’t forget tomorrow is Front End Friday.

Last edited:

Back