Model RailroadForums​

20.gif
6.gif
tcwright973
6.gif
20.gif

5.gif

Thanks...

Thanks for the welcome. Very clever and nice of you to take the time to post it.

I am returning to model railroading after an absence of about 40+ years. (My, where does the time go and how things have changed.) No layout yet, but have been collecting engines and cars in anticipation of construction.

I'm not big into modeling one particular road. Never was as I like the various paint schemes and the variety that developed over the years. I simply enjoy watching them.

I'm a retired fire fighter and Viet Nam veteran with a very understanding wife who is willing to accompany me to train shows, etc.

Tom

I like the various paint schemes and the variety that developed over the years. I simply enjoy watching them.
Hi Tom nothing wrong with that, I too have many roads left but slowly they are being painted in new colors. I too spent many years away from the hobby but got back into it a few years back.
I miss out on a few welcomes because only the newest member is shown. I check when I log on and before I'm done for the night so it's a kind of hit and miss thing. You lucked in ;)
What scale locos and cars have you been collecting :D

13.gif
Willis

Sorry, forgot to state that I'm in HO. So far I've obtained a Shay, Climax, Heisler and a Challenger.
On the diesel side, I started with a Pennsylvania E7 A & B unit, then followed the local history around here in Pittsburgh with a GP-20 Penn Central, a Dash 8-40B Conrail, a GP-38-2 Norfolk Southern and an SD-50 CSX.
Now I'm working on the short lines in western Pennsylvania with a GP-38 Buffalo & Pittsburgh and a RSD-15 Bessemer & Lake Erie.
Quite a mixed bag, but it does show how the various railroads we have seen around here. Have a couple of others on my wish list, like the Chessie System, Wheeling & Lake Erie, etc.

By the way CBCNSfan, You reside in a great Province. We were in Nova Scotia about 15 years ago on vacation. Cape Breton is simply magnificant. It was the best vacation we ever had. Hope to return someday.

Tom

Back