Model RailroadForums​

20.gif
6.gif
merhowell
6.gif
20.gif

5.gif

Howdy

Thanks for the welcome. That was really cute.
I am a newbie and probably won't be posting much until I can figure out what you all are saying. LOL Does anyone have a newbie dictionary I can borrow?
My Grandfather and uncle both retired from the Western Maryland railroad so I kinda have trains running through my blood. Have always wanted a "train set" and for my last birthday, my dear hubby gave me a Bachman set. I really like it and have purchased some "stuff" to build a layout.
Anyway, I am sure I will learn a LOT from ya'll.
Thanks,
Merhowell

Hi Merhowell, heck no need for a dictionary, just do what I do, if I don't understand something I just ask, usually I get enough information from the answering posts to figure out the terminology. ( like this one --> http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2248 ) Anyway that's the purpose of the forum to help one and other
I really like it and have purchased some "stuff" to build a layout.
Sounds like you're already committed and if hubby bought you a train set, he must be a pretty good guy :D . If you need some ideas for a layout, no problem, just ask, the answers are just suggestions so you are not committed to doing them but it's possible to glean some insight as to what you would really be satisfied with for a layout. A friend of mine who is leaving the hobby now, for reasons of his own, once said to me " Of all the gifts, the trains were the best". Enjoy the board, look at the photo galleries there's a wealth of ideas there, and join in the discussions.
13.gif
Willis

Hey, welcome aboard!! You have no idea how glad I am to see you here. :D I can confirm what Willis says about the wealth of help and information available from the people here. My little layout would still be packed in boxes (or lurking in my imagination) if it weren't for the tips and inspiration I find here.

Please make yourself at home!

Hi Willis and Claudia! My hubby is a good guy. :D He is into flying R/C so I guess we have the land and air covered. LOL After posting last night I found an online dictionary that I will be using so I guess I am ready to go. Claudia, you don't know how glad I am to see you here. ;) LOL I wasn't sure if I would be the only female lurking around here or not.
Talk with you all later.
Mary

I wasn't sure if I would be the only female lurking around here or not.
Oh! you're not, there are more but they mostly lurk, hope you're not going to do just that. I wish they would take part in the discussions. Perhaps they feel their ideas might be ridiculed by macho members, but that is not the case unless such members want to deal with Claudia. :D My wife is not a model railroader, but I value her input to my hobby, she puts forth some valuable ideas that save me time and work, and at times a better built and detailed model, so if you have an idea, you'd like to share, let's have it ;) .

13.gif
Willis

Back