Weekly Photo Phun 02/06/15 - 02/13/15

Rico

BN Modeller
Unless I missed it did we just skip a week?

The crew of this "Plywood Pacific" ballast train is calling for the big hook after spotting a wheel on the ground.

image.jpg

There was a little fog the other night and I liked the effect of a time exposure.
DSC_1724s.jpg

Looks like everyone is having some fun this weekend!

I finally started my backdrop and am hoping to get it sanded and primed this morning. If there is time I may put down some blue as well. Went to buy more hardboard but Lowes was extremely busy yesterday. I figured this would be enough to get me started.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice shots of the heritage units, guys. Everybody else: great photos from you.

I completed this Mather Stock Car from a Proto 200 kit I had on my "to do list" for several years. (GN stick car coupled to switcher) ...

I found an easy way to remove the fragile detail parts from sprues. I heated my number 11 Xacto blade with a soldering iron. Then it was easy to slice through the parts gates. I installed all of the brake rigging without breaking any of the parts. I was not so lucky with the tiny little grab irons. I cut them off the sprues okay without breaking them, but then they would break trying to install them in holes in the car. I drilled larger holes for a few of them, and I still broke them. Next, I made all 36 grab irons from brass wire.

GN%20stock%20car%20_zpse7brelgg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't realize this thread existed! I have a Bachmann flat car that I put kd's on. After that I removed the black plastic "wood" and put a wood deck on it. The wood was left over from another project. After that I weathered everything.

IMG_1606_zpsqfetsglm.jpg

As always, the best thread of the week! Some great modeling in here once again... Curt, very nice work on the old flat car!

I have been SLOWly getting a bit more done in the area. Here are a few shots of the location where Howard's Dairy will reside.

HowardsDairy13w_zpszmjx6zsg.png

HowardsDairy14w_zpsycslosz9.png

An overview of the larger area. You can see where this relative the overpass bridge I have been working on.

HowardsDairy15w_zpspzhrfcnt.png

Enjoy!

Back