Weekly photo fun May 28- June 4

Motley

OK I'll start of a new week here....

I just finished my first water feature. I used WS Realistic water and tinted it blue with testors paint. I poured 4 thin layers about 1/8".

Still needs more scenery around the bridge, some ballast, and a cornfield backdrop is coming soon.

Let me know what you think....

IMG_0176.JPG

And I got some more trees done on the mountain...

IMG_0184.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for getting this weeks rendition started Michael. Nice work BTW!

I have been putting together a Erie B3 Steam Shovel kit by Jordan. It will be used in the limestone quarry at the top of Bare Mountain on the SLOW when I get around to building it... For now it is sitting near the team track at Hopewell junction.

ErieB3_01w.png

ErieB3_02w.png

ErieB3_03w.png

ErieB3_04w.png

Um, here in Pa. I believe it's May 28, 2010, but I could be wrong. Anyway, Ray, excellent modeling of that steam shovel, looking forward to it working in your quarry.

K4s leading a local across Hammer Creek. DJ.

P1040797-1.jpg

WPF for May 28 - June 4

DJ I do believe you are right on the date..... I don't know if this site has moderators any more, but maybe one of them could change the title to reflect the proper date... (Michael appears to be a bit confused this week...:rolleyes:)

Thanks for your complement, and I have to give one right back to you! Wow! As usual. I love that scene.

DJ I do believe you are right on the date..... I don't know if this site has moderators any more, but maybe one of them could change the title to reflect the proper date... (Michael appears to be a bit confused this week...:rolleyes:)

Thanks for your complement, and I have to give one right back to you! Wow! As usual. I love that scene.

ooops... my brain is already on vacation.

Michael, the weeds look a little tall but otherwise the water and bridge look great. The forest on top of the tunnel looks especially good with that backdrop. Time to start weathering the tracks now. :)

Ray, good to see you again. Those Jordan kits are tough to build, but you always make it look easy. The weathering and details really make the model.

DJ, always nice to see Pennsy steam power still in control crossing the creek. Amazing how many views you've gotten from that one scene.

Michael, the weeds look a little tall but otherwise the water and bridge look great. The forest on top of the tunnel looks especially good with that backdrop. Time to start weathering the tracks now. :)

Ray, good to see you again. Those Jordan kits are tough to build, but you always make it look easy. The weathering and details really make the model.

DJ, always nice to see Pennsy steam power still in control crossing the creek. Amazing how many views you've gotten from that one scene.

Thanks for the great feedback Jim. Ya I was thinking those weeds do look a little to tall. I'll have to trim them down a bit.

Where did ya get that bridge Motley? it looks good, and is exactly what I need...

Weekend Photo Fun 28 May - 04 June '10

I looks as if it falls to me for the second week running. Okay, I can handle it...:eek: I think....

I was able to climb a signal tower a few days back and caught this roaring and hissing H-8 as it bore down on me. Trailing it is 2000 tons of coal that this magnificent engine has taken up the 3% grade beyond the curve in the distance.

StackH8signaltowsmokedesk.png

-Crandell

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I'll post this again...............

I have been putting together a Erie B3 Steam Shovel kit by Jordan. It will be used in the limestone quarry at the top of Bare Mountain on the SLOW when I get around to building it... For now it is sitting near the team track at Hopewell junction.

ErieB3_01w.png

ErieB3_02w.png

ErieB3_03w.png

ErieB3_04w.png

That's an impressive loco, Crandell, and excellent photo.
Scuba, great backyard scene.
Ray, excellent weathering job on the shovel.

K4s, 1361 leads a local over Hammer Creek. DJ.

P1040797-1.jpg

Yesterday I received my copy of Photoshop CS5. A neat feature included is HDR PRO which stands for High Dynamic Range. What it does is take multiple photo's you shoot with different exposures, and combines them. You can then adjust the pic to make different effects. This is my first attempt. I used a pre set effect called Hi Contrast HDR.
GP40SideHDR.png

I was bored today so I decided to test out some marker lights on a undec Atlas B40-8 shell to see if they would work out. Well from the test I guess I will be doing my 3 CR, 2 PW, and 4 CSO units in the future. Its a slow process but worth it.

DSC06510.jpg

DSC06513.jpg

DSC06508.jpg

Back