Weekly Photo Fun Jan. 9 - 15, 2016

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
hey, hey, hey.... lets get the best thread around going for this week. look forward to seeing what you folks have been up to, so come on and share!

This is the first day in weeks where I have not had a pile of non-railroad stuff to do, so I busied myself with some details on the Girder Bridge I have been building. Got some Grandt Line bolts with Nuts and Washers to add to the Guard timbers on the ties. Managed to get it done today. Rather tedious actually, but I guess I still have steady hands... Here is what I was putting on the timbers:

Detail%20Bolt2w_zps87puxq4h.png

See it in the end of the needle-nosed pliers? Here one is on the end of my finger:

Detail%20Bolt1w_zpsnqkb4pht.png

I used a #76 drill bit in my dremel (in the Dremel Drill Press) to drill the holes where they will go. In this shot you can see both some installed, and a bunch of holes in the timber where they will be placed:

LrgGirderBrdg53w_zpsqud85mtw.png

Finished project for the day...

LrgGirderBrdg55w_zpsbex0wvc4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ray, I've pulled a lot bigger splinters out of my hands than those things are! I've been watching your progress with this bridge and I'm very impressed! You've done a fantastic job!

Looking good Ray, one of a kind for sure!
Loving that stonework too btw!
Okay so this is it, no more changes to the mill track!
I can deliver ten cars and pick up ten cars with the mill turn, that's what I'm after.

image.jpg

Looks good, Rico. What kind of little switcher is that?

Gary, that service facility is really nice. Hate to see a big fuel spill!

Dan, those cars turned out great. Love the rock formations on your layout as well.

danpik .... The Erie passenger cars look great. Feel free to tell us about them.
Ray ... You are doing an outstanding job with your bridge.
Rico ... You are going to have an impressive industry.
Gary P ... Your loco service facility looks great.

This weekend, I built the dark green grain truck in the photo from a Sylvan Models kit. It is a 1937-1941 international.

grain%20truck%20_zpswih3lqxs.jpg

Here's an old photo taken on 5th street in Livingston, MT. Looks pretty much the same today except now it is the Montana Rail Link yard. This is the west end of the yard.

attachment.php

I wonder if that '59 Impala in the photo is mine ???

59 Impala.jpg

Back