Weekly Photo Fun 7/24-7/30

Jeffrey, nice looking tank car but it would look even better with some rust on the those handrails.
Thanks. Until very recently I didn't have an easy way to apply any color to a small area like that. Using a brush is out of the question most of the time because of my shakiness. I now have a set of paint pens that makes such things very easy.

P1010001-69.jpg

Some progress photos from today. First up is a shot of the "new" vertical storage tank at the fuel dealer, this is the only vertical tank out of the 7 that are being built for this project so I decided to make it "new". Next up are three shots of the superintendents house at Como Colorado. Both of these projects are in O scale.

^ I remember that from a while back, that was a nice job. ;)

Anyway, I completed the FEC's main track bridge over the Miami Canal. The side track hasn't been done yet but the pillars have been laid for the side track. There's also a segment over Okeechobee Road, but I will hold off of that for a while so I can do more responsibilities and look over what I have in HO Scale first.

^ I remember that from a while back, that was a nice job. ;)

Anyway, I completed the FEC's main track bridge over the Miami Canal. The side track hasn't been done yet but the pillars have been laid for the side track. There's also a segment over Okeechobee Road, but I will hold off of that for a while so I can do more responsibilities and look over what I have in HO Scale first.

The bridge over Okeechobee Rd. would be easy if you dug a hole in the table 1st. Then you could make everything level. I was raised in Hialeah & Miami from 1938 till I moved in 1971. I was down in Miami in May of 2007 & was staying in Hialeah for about 3 weeks on E.4th st. between Lejuene Rd. & 7th ave. I made a trip almost every other day to Walmart & went under the tracks there. I remember when I was a kid the cars use to back up for a mile waiting for the long trains going to Homestead.

The bridge over Okeechobee Rd. would be easy if you dug a hole in the table 1st. Then you could make everything level. I was raised in Hialeah & Miami from 1938 till I moved in 1971. I was down in Miami in May of 2007 & was staying in Hialeah for about 3 weeks on E.4th st. between Lejuene Rd. & 7th ave. I made a trip almost every other day to Walmart & went under the tracks there. I remember when I was a kid the cars use to back up for a mile waiting for the long trains going to Homestead.

Thanks for the tip! I am making plans for a customized table so there can be three levels.

Jeffrey it looks like the management on your road is controlling costs by using trustee labor from the county lock up. All you need is a sheriff bossman with his shotgun. To be more serious, I think that is a great activity scene. So many layouts often look like a ghost town.

Jeffrey it looks like the management on your road is controlling costs by using trustee labor from the county lock up. All you need is a sheriff bossman with his shotgun. To be more serious, I think that is a great activity scene. So many layouts often look like a ghost town.

If the scene is anything like the road crew I saw last week in Tennessee, the deputy is in the van, enjoying the air conditioning.

Some more progress shots on the Como superintendent's house. The foundation is done in brick from N Scale Architect who oddly enough makes some very nice O scale brick. The pink foam was pressed down on the foundation to make an outline so that then entire piece could be cut to fit from a single sheet of foam.

Shingles that are being used are from CC Crow/Builders in Scale who make a nice textured slate shingle. The ornate trim in the gable end is a Grant Line casting. Last shot shows the base right after the ground work was painted and the scenery materials applied.

Sundown got 2 new (new to them) police cars today, 2 well kept 2005 Crown Victoria's. One is an unmarked city police unit and the other is a county sheriffs unit.

DSCN1552.jpg

DSCN1559.jpg

I also picked up Schultz's Garage, Walther's #243-20100

schultzsgarage.gif

and a set of 3 Floquil earth tone paint pens.

floquilearthtone.gif

One of the best photos of my nscale layout..(also, one of the only areas that are close to being finished...)
FISHIN.jpg

with a little PhotoShop sparkle. The "water" is Envirotex with Artist's Arylic gloss medium waves.

Back