Weekly Photo Fun 6-4/6-10

Crandell I have to do some kicking up on some learning curves if'n I can even get half as good as that B&W!! And the modelling!!

Ray You create great pix AND story lines for them.:D:D I'm wondering about a workshop on that idea---HMM

As usual some very nice stuff guys!
I haven't done much this week but did manage to put mirrors on a Wally World Peterbuilt. Now if I could just finish one scene for photos...

Zak, nice job on that GP-35. MRL sure did collect a lot of castoffs from almost every railroad in the country.

Rico, at least you got some mirrors put on. That's at least twice as much work as I did on the layout this week. :)

Alco, I like story lines with pictures, especially if you're running your own shortline. Gives it a little more character.

Starting off this week with some standard, non-hacked locomotives:

WSOR SD-18 (custom build from an Athearn BB) running light meets a WC SD-45 trio on a caboose hop:

DSC05509.jpg

DSC05513.jpg

DSC05510.jpg

DSC05514.jpg

perfect timing at the grade crossing:
DSC05515.jpg

Disclaimer: My units, shot on the Albemarle Railroad Club layout

Nice looking WC and WS units.. the WS runs about a 1/4 mile from my home. Just last night I was chasing a 10pm freight along Rt134 in round lake. they always look clean and washed unlike some of the bigger fleets around here

I finished up two projects this week, both of them Southern, what a suprise! Here are some pictures!!
IMG_7026.jpg

n1355552641_30190457_4247897.jpg

n1355552641_30190458_832277.jpg

Nice models, Smoke. Too bad the NS didn't keep the tuxedo scheme. It sure looks a lot classier than the prancing horse. :)

Great Stuff!

Sweeeeet! :D

Great stuff as usual guys!

Thanks for sharing and keep them coming :)

Been doing a bit of scenery (including roads)
Not quite presentable yet:mad:, but here's something.
Almost done with the building in the background too (- sorry for the poor quality -:mad::mad:)

200967011_Grass.JPG

Here's something that's been giving me grief: CN Canadian Cab.
It should have not, but it did:eek:

I got a kit for the Canadian cab a while back (found on-line -out of production now-)
before Railfyer came out with their amazing one piece cab and super detailed photo etched parts.
Talk about bad timing from my part:mad:
The one I got came in many pieces that needed assembling (but without windows, number boards, grabs etc..)
It was quite an experience, requiring lots of putty!

To make a long story short, after lots of filing, cussing:rolleyes: etc. I got it done.
I decided to salvage it as best as I could and installed it on
my SD40-2 (-undecorated-) for my fictious short line SL&C.

I recycled the windows and lots of part from the conventional cab that was on the original model.

It's not quite finish yet, and it does look good from a distance, but from close range its not that great[V]

2009670921_Loco%201.JPG

Here's an overall view of the loco in Chambly
(it's missing a rear number board and the cab "shades" for now. I'm thinking of adding
the radio anthena and A/C on the cab.
20096701933_Loco%202.JPG

The overall "SL&C" color I chose turned out ok.
I also started the weathering process.:D

20096702018_Loco%203.JPG

20096702833_Loco%204.JPG

I apinted and weather the trucks and wheels too.
20096702929_Loco%205.JPG

I am making decals for it and will post more pics of my progress a bit later.

working on a couple of scratchbuilt locos recently

shuntercomplete5.jpg

shuntercomplete.jpg

SDC13138.jpg

and now inspired by some Perurail locos a much bigger project is underway in the workshops

SDC13170.jpg

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking a break fom scenery and kitbashing the SD40-2, I ran an eastbound CN unit train. Here it is as it approaches St-Hyacinthe.

200967123235_CN1.JPG

200967123448_CN2.JPG

The trucks and wheels of the [TLT] Slab Side covered Hopper have been weathered

200967123810_CN4.JPG

200967124022_CN5.JPG

Nice modelling, fellas! Love the images. :)

blownoutcylinder, thanks so much for your positive feedback earlier. :D It means a lot to me.

-Crandell

A different view

Hi Fellas,
Here's a different view on life

comp22.jpg

A look inside
comp23.jpg

Cheers, Simon

Nice interior on that salon, Simon. Is that HO or O scale?

MLW, looks like you've been busy. Nice weathering on both of those engines. Where did you get that guard rail? I need some of that.

John, looks like you've been sucked into the darkside of...Frankenengines :eek: Good looking scratchbuilding work though.

Jeffrey, are those AHM/IHC kits? I think I built those once. They are great kitbashing material.

MLW, how do you like the Slab side cars. I was interested in getting one or two, even though I don't think there are many left on the rails now.

UP2CSX

MLW, looks like you've been busy. Nice weathering on both of those engines. Where did you get that guard rail? I need some of that.

Thanks.

The guardrail? Here:
20096718224_Busch.JPG

Back