Weekly Photo Fun 6-26/7-02

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
This is a model I built a couple of years ago. It's all paper. The shell is made from several layers of cardstock to give it rigidity. The printed surfaces are made from airmail paper or tracing paper and were printed on an inkjet printer. Details such as the doorway, signs, etc are made of several layers of the thin tracing paper.

DSCN0988.jpg

Here are a few shots of the new extension. Main line is now connected and can handle through trains. Still need to add some more sidings and industries, with the major new industry being the power plant with balloon track above the helix. This section has 2 passing sidings, the first, on the upper deck has a 30 car capacity, and the second, on the lower deck has an 80 car capacity.
In the pictures I show my duckunder with swing gate. And in the attached video is a train crossing the swing gate.
th_100_4045.jpg

Grampy.......... WOW! As usual.

I have been completing the farmland near the yard lead to Hopewell Junction this week. Cornfield has been planted - complete with weeds....... And an old shed has appeared with some farm equipment nearby.

FarmLand12w.png

FarmLand13w.png

FarmLand14w.png

And an overview of the area.

FarmLand15w.png

An overall shot of the city corner and some detail shots. The Lincoln Street Diner is a pair of cut up Bowser Brill trolley cars with a scratch built kitchen, other new structure is the Columbia Records shop (Dr Pepper sign on roof). What is shown has been built mostly from scratch with just a couple of Chooch Ultra Scale building fronts. Layout is in O scale.

Jeffrey, that looks pretty good for a paper building. I never would have know if you hadn't told me.

Wastrel, you're a better man than me. That looks like one complicated layout. I have a hard enough time running one level. :) I think you need to get a tripod though. some of your pictures are so blurry it's hard to see your good work.

DJ, another fine shot. One of these days, I'll get the depth of field thing figured out.

Ray, that looks like a real farm now, even down to the roads between the crop. Great job on that cornfield. Did it drive you to drink? :D

B&S, looks like nothing but loneliness and solitude at the old slag works now.

HB, that's pretty cool. Did she use Photoshop or what? Looks very realistic.

Matt, those are some great urban scenes. Not only is the modeling and setting well done but there's just something about O scale that makes it all look more real in pictures. That drain pipe apparently strapped to the wall in the last picture is a good example.

President and CEO Bubba of the Prattville & Northern negotiated very favorable lease terms with the JWX leasing company for a newly refurbished UPY SW-1500 to relieve the 40 year old 70 tonner. This gives the P&W some reliable motive power to handle the increasing traffic from the feed mills. Here's a picture of the 1170 and 638 meeting after delivery:

638and1180Meet.jpg

The boys all came over to check her out. Track foreman Henry bought along a bottle of the "good stuff" to christen her but the rest of the boys decided it was way too hot to waste a good bootle of hootch by breaking it so they decided to drink it instead. Engineer Spike is doing his best to stay away from the party but I think his resolve is weakening. :)

Christeningthe1170.jpg

Very nice pictures everyone.

Ray, I'm saving your pictures for reference for a future small farm area. It has the right feel, even though it's a small area. Nice work.

Grampy, every time I scroll past your pictures my wife says "wow, that's amazing". I won't even realize that she's watching over my shoulder until she pipes up with commentary.:)

Jim, it's nice to see pictures of your layout once again. You certainly have all of the right details to make a scene 'come alive'.

Jeffrey, your scrap load reminds me that being a pack rat is OK. You never know when you can use 'junk'.:D

Bread&steal, I love the grimy look of your scene.

Very nice pictures everyone.

Jeffrey, your scrap load reminds me that being a pack rat is OK. You never know when you can use 'junk'.:D
Some of my gons contain good stuff that I'll someday use in some projects. The other gons, like that one, contain bits and pieces left over from past projects. Gotta have some kind of scrap going to the recyclers.

V&AL, the light is actually mounted on the sliding cover for the radiator. Yeah, I know, it would have been better to mount it on a platform about the sliding cover but President Bubba is cheap. :)

Joe, I can't take credit for the SW-1500. It was done by Jerome Wheeler. It's a BB with SP details that Jerome modified as a post merger unit. Sure looks good for a BB with the added details and fine paint job. It runs real smooth on DC. Next step is getting a DCC decoder put in.

Corey, thanks, I still love doing details.

Jeffrey, I need about 20 scrap gondolas to hold the junk from kits gone bad. :D Yours looks good.

Speaking of details, here's one of the city workers laboring late into the afternoon to fix another busted water pipe. Mayor Rufus keeps waiting for that stimulus check to show up so the city can replace all the old pipes but it must have gotten lost down at the post office. :rolleyes:

StillDigging.jpg

Speaking of details, here's one of the city workers laboring late into the afternoon to fix another busted water pipe. Mayor Rufus keeps waiting for that stimulus check to show up so the city can replace all the old pipes but it must have gotten lost down at the post office. :rolleyes:

Silly Mayor Rufus:rolleyes: Doesn't he know stimulus checks are to be spent on saving the planet or some Animal not repair's to citys which Utilitys! Jim you need to see that Mayor Rufus speaks to Arnold in Kalifornia at once! Or doesn't Prattville care about saving the planet:confused::eek:;)

Back