Weekly Photo Fun 5-6/5-12

STEEL!

IMG_1184_edited.png

Ted,

First off nice shots. Second, how ever did those rocks did a great job. Very realistic! Third, tell me about your third engine the SD45. Is that a new Athearn unit? I just placed an order for my 3 MRL SD45 from Athearn from Josh on here.

Ted,

First off nice shots. Second, how ever did those rocks did a great job. Very realistic! Third, tell me about your third engine the SD45. Is that a new Athearn unit? I just placed an order for my 3 MRL SD45 from Athearn from Josh on here.

Yes, that was the new Athearn SD45 #368, which I received only a couple days ago. For whatever reason, only two of the MRL unit numbers made it to our shores. I'm still waiting on the #371 to come into stock so I can order it.

How do i upload images to the post from attachments?

Manthan
I suggest you remove the S curve and the turnouts.
The turnouts aren't doing anything since the train you're running has cars that are all larger than the sidings.
The S curve looks neat but makes you run slower to prevent derailing.

Manthan
I suggest you remove the S curve and the turnouts.
The turnouts aren't doing anything since the train you're running has cars that are all larger than the sidings.
The S curve looks neat but makes you run slower to prevent derailing.

The S curve allows for the long stright stretch.
And the if the turnouts werenot there then the straight stretch would have to be 2 straights shorter.

In other words you didn't have enough straights.:) Been there and done that. When you do have enough an idea for the turnouts would be to allow for another track going around the end.

A small family run Exxon station in the small community of Sundown Louisiana. They have cheap gas and delicious homemade pizza.

P1011446.jpg

The Exxon store looks really good.
I like that pay phone.
What is that next to the phone, a porta-potty?

If you're referring to the structure to the right of the wall mounted pay-phone, that's an item a lot of folks wouldn't recognize these days. It's a transparent phone booth.

I waited something like 15 years for someone to come out with the small acid tanks used for hauling sulfuric acid. So I was very pleased when Athearn announced them a while back. The cars are very nice with a plethora of fine detail. I recently acquired two of the Procor cars which are high on my list of must have cars. I finally got around to weathering those two Procor cars plus another I acquired earlier. These photos hardly do the weathering job justice, but since it is not sunny outside, I cannot do better at the moment.

attachment.php

attachment.php

My work certainly isn't up to the level of that very well done stock car or those tank cars, but here's a couple of photos I took last night:

P1011611.jpg

P1011614.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally finished the benchwork for my extension room layout. Next is laying down the 2" foam base.

P1000165.jpg

P1000166.jpg

And the track plan.

MOTLEY33YARD.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres my Life Like GP60 that I have been working on, just need to decal the number boards. Was a EMD demonstrator that I stripped, redetailed, and repainted with Scalecoat. I wish it could now consist with others locos, damn Life Like.

IMG_0837.JPG

Heres my Life Like GP60 that I have been working on, just need to decal the number boards. Was a EMD demonstrator that I stripped, redetailed, and repainted with Scalecoat. I wish it could now consist with others locos, damn Life Like.

Very Nice. I love these P2K GP60 and have three. Two of which were on the trailer train on the first page of this thread. They match up perfectly with my Atlas GP40-2 that has a Tsunami sound decoder. I've also run them with Athearn SD45T-2's and didn't have any noticeable problems.

Back