Weekly Photo Fun 5-27/6-2

This is something I havnt done for quite sometime, contribute to the WFP Threads, so I figured why not... lol

Heres a couple shots of the Rolling Mill im working on:

SL370474.jpg

SL370475.jpg

Nice work! I have one of those kit, might be selling it though.

Thanks Josh! I've had a good time building this kit. So much so that I'd build another one even though I don't have a place for it on my layout. If you do decide to sell, let me know your price.

Ian

trainz006.jpg

My Entire modern Roster ( I have some old stuff from my youth I probably can recycle if I get new Couplers, but they aren't shown in this pic) running on the club layout.

A shot looking west down the line from Tumbleweed, Winser Siding to the left, showing recent scenic work done along this stretch.

Wow! The quality of the photos in this thread are becoming stellar! Great work by everyone.

Ian, I really like that roundhouse, that real metal? Very cool.

Josh, the mill is looking great!

Here's a couple shots of my intermodal yard.

P1000211.jpg

P1000216.jpg

And the prototype I modeled this from. The Denver North UP Yard.
IMG_0236.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I have finally found some time to get back into the train room...... Finish most of the construction of the roof on the workshop area in the Quarry Engine House. The roof was built from a piece of very thin plywood, scale 2" x 10" scale lumber, Corrugated Steel Roofing cut to size, Styrene Tubing for the smoke stack, and some .015 piano wire for the chimney supports.

BranchEngineHouseRoof01w.png

BranchEngineHouseRoof02w.png

For those who remember the inside of the workshop and the detail I put in it, don't worry.... The roof is detachable!

BranchEngineHouseRoof03w.png

BranchEngineHouseRoof04w.png

Very commendable effort, Ray. That roof is excellent.

Wow! The quality of the photos in this thread are becoming stellar! Great work by everyone.

Ian, I really like that roundhouse, that real metal? Very cool.

Josh, the mill is looking great!

Here's a couple shots of my intermodal yard.

P1000211.jpg

P1000216.jpg

And the prototype I modeled this from. The Denver North UP Yard.
IMG_0236.JPG

Michael,

What roadway is that on top of your bridge? Is that the flexable Busch roadway? If so how do you like it?

Chad

Michael,

What roadway is that on top of your bridge? Is that the flexable Busch roadway? If so how do you like it?

Chad

Yep it sure is. It fit the bridge perfectly, no cutting even involved. I really like the Busch roads, I also used the parking lot one as well.

A mama and her cubs finally came out of hibernation.

IMG_0606.JPG

Hey Motley. What are those trees with the yellow leaves on the branches? It looks like some sort of small plant or weed? They look like they make nice trees.

Finding good looking natural tree armatures like that arent easy around here.

Chris,

They represent Aspen Trees in the fall, when they turn golden. I actually purchased them from a local guy. He showed me. He used real foliage. Not sure what exact kind. And then he painted the leaves gold.

Nice stuff as usual Gents!
I haven't had much time for anything, but did manage to put up a billboard of my favorite radio station:

Back